Chapter 1

• Dedicated to Any one that has ever been in Anna's situation

Dear Diary, I am currently lying on my bed wondering if I should cut tonight, I have dancing tomorrow so there is a risk that some one could see my scars but when will there ever be no risks right? Any way I'm not really in a writing mood so I'm going to stop... bye- Anna

I throw my diary to the floor and grab my blades from the top shelf of my cupboard. My cuts are still stinging from this mornings session of 'happiness' but if it temporarily takes away the pain of life then I guess its worth it. I watch the blood trickle down my arm as the blade pierces my skin, oh how I love the feeling of warm blood spiraling down cold skin.

I hear the front door slam, that means mum is home from work, time to clean up my bloody mess. i hear her walking up the stairs, i only have a few seconds to hide my blades. she opens my door just as i jump back on my bed.                                                                                                                                     "what were you doing?" mum asks.    

 "oh nothing, just the usual drawing you know me, always drawing." i say faking a sweet, cheeky grin.

 "Okay then, dinner will be ready in about 20-25 minutes. love you." she says whilst closing my door.

 Thank god, for a minute then i thought she was suspecting something. 

**NEXT DAY**

i wake up to the sound of my alarm. SHIT!!!! i'm late for school! i run downstairs, grab my bag and bring it back up to my room and start packing my books into my school bag. i chuck my clothes on, tie up my hair, brush my teeth and cover my blemishes with a little bit of make-up as there is absolutely no time at all to do my usual full on make up. i hear the bus arrive, so i swing my bag over my shoulder, run down stairs and grab a muesli bar as i pass through the kitchen.

the bus ride to school is hectic, there is not a seat in sight so i am forced to stand. when we get to school i am one of the first to get off the bus which is never a good thing. i get stampeded by a bunch of seniors who think they are too cool for school. some bitch stood on my ankle when i fell over and i cant walk, there are teachers all around but no one offers to help me, the bell for home room rings but still no help, i guess its fair to say that i was left shattered.