002

"Let's open another door," Rebekah suggested, her curiosity piqued

"Let's open another door," Rebekah suggested, her curiosity piqued. The group gathered around and opened another door, stepping through to find themselves in a completely different setting.

"Where are we, Freya?" Hayley asked, crossing her arms and frowning slightly, clearly annoyed that the attention was not solely on her.

"This is The Salvatore Boarding School for the Young and Gifted," Freya explained, her voice filled with nostalgia. "This is a memory of her with her kids and all of her closest friends. It's the weekend, so there are no classes. This happened last year."

"When did she have kids?" Elijah inquired, a hint of surprise in his tone.

"She had kids a couple of years after Klaus left," Freya replied, glancing at Klaus. The family turned to him, waiting for a reaction. All they received was a heartbroken and jealous expression that spoke volumes about his feelings.

As they surveyed their surroundings, they noticed they were standing in front of grand wooden doors.

Suddenly, the doors swung open, revealing Selene stepping out of a room. She looked effortlessly stylish in a  white long V-neck top with long sleeves that elegantly hugged her figure, paired with shiny leather pants that added a bold touch. Her white heels completed the look, accentuating her legs, that clacked against the floor as she walked. while a chic white Gucci purse added a luxurious detail to her ensemble.

With purpose, Selene navigated through the boarding house, the Mikaelsons following closely behind her. She reached another door, barged inside, and the Mikaelsons quickly followed her into the room.

Inside, they found two teenage girls sitting on the floor, absorbed in a lively conversation.

"That's Lizzie and Josie—two out of her five kids," Freya explained, gesturing toward the girls. "They were transported into her stomach when their biological mother was killed. Their father is Alaric Saltzman."

The Mikaelsons exchanged glances, absorbing the weight of Freya's words. They watched as Selene interacted with her daughters, a warmth radiating from her that highlighted the bond she shared with them. The atmosphere was filled with laughter and youthful energy, painting a picture of a loving family dynamic that resonated deeply with the Mikaelsons.

As they stood there, witnessing this intimate moment, they felt a mix of emotions—pride, nostalgia, and a longing for connection that had often eluded them in their own chaotic lives.

"TIME TO GET UP, GIRLS! TODAY IS THE DAY!" Selene shouted, her voice echoing through the house.

"Ughhh, Mommy, please let us sleep more! It's the weekend!" Lizzie begged, burying her face in her pillow.

"No! I've waited too long for this day when we're all going to be together, and today is the day. Elena, Damon, and Jeremy are already on their way to the cottage with Caroline. Bonnie and Enzo got there yesterday. Maze and my dad are ready, along with Trixie, her mom, Clary, Simon, and your dad. God, I didn't forget anyone, did I?" Selene asked, glancing back at Lizzie.