The Shape of Water (2017)

The Shape of Water is a 2017 American romantic fantasy film directed by Guillermo del Toro and written by del Toro and Vanessa Taylor.

What is Pansexualism? Pansexuality is sexual, romantic, or emotional attraction towards people regardless of their sex or gender identity. Pansexual people may refer to themselves as gender-blind, asserting that gender and sex are not determining factors in their romantic or sexual attraction to others.

THE SHAPE OF WATER is an otherworldly fable set against the backdrop of Cold War period America circa 1962, from master storyteller Guillermo del Toro. Elisa (Sally Hawkins) is stuck in a life of solitude in the high-security government laboratory where she works. When Elisa and her coworker Zelda (Octavia Spencer) discover a hidden classified experiment, their lives are forever changed. Michael Shannon, Richard Jenkins, Michael Stuhlbarg, and Doug Jones round out the cast.

This film captivated me from the first scene and ended on a high note with a simple frame, music, and quote, in my opinion. Del Toro takes you on a trip that is never completely fantasy-based. In both film and music, the small details are exquisite. It adds a lot to the story's realism. This is one of those films that, in my view, does not require any questions. It's something you'll have to get used to. If it's a story that's just interesting to daydreamers. The ambiance and message are set up in such a way that a hopeless romantic might gorge themselves for days.

Finally, I'd like to state the "Form of Water" tells us a love story that is both simple and breathtakingly beautiful and soulful. Guillermo del Toro shot the film the way he wanted it, and as a result, "Form of Water" appears to be a rather stylish authoring film.