A New Place, A New Timeline

"Sorry, it's nothing personal!"

I can hear the malicious laughter echoing through my head. My ears are ringing. A sharp pain is in my gut, with a warm, dark liquid pooling around me.

Not again... please...

"You lose, Claire!"

My vision starts to go dark. I'm remembering all the past times.

The laughter echos. He means well under his dark intentions, I know it. I...

I know you can be good... why do you keep doing this... it will never work...

Everything is going dark.

"A.... A...she..."

I reach, but no help comes my way.

I know the way the story goes. It's happened several thousand times.

Ashe
Wilardo
Sirius
...they aren't... truly my friends, are they? They don't want me. They just want my heart.

Dammit

I hate this... and we'll do it again. The game never ends. They want the heart. They find me. I die. The world resets. Again and again and again.

Why... why does it have to be this way? I'm nice. I'm friendly. I'm just trying to help everyone... are... are their personal struggles and wishes truly worth more than my own life? I'm so sorry I can't be a better friend, maybe I am just failing everyone...

I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry I... I...

No.

Why should I apologize...? I haven't done anything wrong. They keep throwing me out like... like garbage. They don't care, none of them care! They... never did... they never did! Why would they? They are all so... selfish... selfish..!

It's dark. I'm scared... I've never been in darkness for so long. Hurry, hurry, just let me into the white undefined building so I can reset time again... maybe get revenge. Maybe come out on...

Top...?

I blink. It's still dark but... there's monsters here. Demons. In front of me stands Zizel and Rouge. I can see Charlotte and Lime fighting in the distance, and then the place seems to loop again.

I feel... strange. In a bad way, but... not?

"Oh dear, it was only a matter of time before you ended up here... welcome." Zizel smiled calmly. What is this?

"I- um..."

"Welcome to hell, Claire. It seems you are one of us now. How pathetic of you." Rouge giggled. H-Hell..? One of us..?

"Oooh, Claire is one of us now!? How fun! Welcome to the party ♥" Like shouted from her spot. There was a still-bleeding stab wound on her chest from Charlotte's scissors.

"I... I'm sorry I just... I-I don't understand... why this time am I... a demon?"

"Oh no, never a true demon. Just a worthless hater." Rouge corrected.

"...Um, yeah, sure-"

"It's because this time you've been filled with a hatred for humanity of course!" Charlotte hopped over, clutching both the rabbit doll and her signature weapon. "Just like Lime and I! Though, that also means that the time loops may not work anymore... seems this is your true ending, Claire!"

My.... true ending?

...

"No."

"No?"

"I refuse... to let go this easy... they... they hurt me... over and over and over... and they aren't affected because it all restarts! S-So..."

"You want them to feel your pain?" Lime moved closer. The others seemed intruiged.

"...Something like that. I want... to change things up. I'm tired of this loop... I just want to... win." I furrowed my brows. This feeling was... unusual. I get sick to my stomach and yet the thrill of the situation was keeping me on a fantastic edge. I was speaking without thinking, the words just falling out like a leaky water pipe.

"...Say, Claire, you never truly got your wish, yes? We can still make that arrangement. You won't die anymore if I take your heart, after all..." I looked over at Zizel, and she back at me, her eyes filled with demonic bloodlust. I could rewind time. I can change everything. I can... I can...!

"So, Claire..." Zizel's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Do we have a deal?"