Part 1

Hey!

Hope you all are safe and healthy in these dire times. Yeah, the times are tough. Yeah, the times are depressing...

But hope is the light at the end of the tunnel and this will end too...

Stay safe, healthy and happy!

Moving on...💃💃💃

"Words in double quotes" - talking

'Words in single quotes' - thoughts

Loving you was a Losing Game
Part 1

His eyes scanned the room filled with people. Not just any people. They were the rich entrepreneurs of the country, famous celebrities, models, artists, painters.

Laksh snorted into the glass of cocktail he was drinking. 'I won't be surprised if she would even invite Queen Victoria I if she was still alive! Swara is such a show off!'

 'I won't be surprised if she would even invite Queen Victoria I if she was still alive! Swara is such a show off!'

"That she is!" came a voice from behind him, making him look up in surprise.

"I was talking out loud again, weren't I?"

"Ahahaha! Yep boss. Even after 10 years, you still haven't lost that habit. It was fun though in high school when you accidentally blurted out things in front of the teachers. Especially the Gym teacher. You called him a bully in his face! That was epic! It made our day!"

"At MY expense! While you laughed, I was made to run 2 laps mind you! And I didn't even get lunch!" Laksh spoke with a glare, shivering at the memory.

His friend, Amar, snickered, which soon turned into a full blown laughter. "Well, sorry, not sorry." he clapped Laksh on the shoulder and gave a salute. "Well, better go to my lady. Or else she will be pissed at home. See you!" with a parting grin, he walked off leaving Laksh to stare at his back.

Laksh envied him in a way. It wasn't because he was more rich. Oh no. Laksh was twice as successful in their line of work. They were both the chart toppers when it came to music. They were the best vocalists in the country!

But what he envied was Amar's ability to be carefree, to carelessly chat away about the past. And most importantly...be happy reminiscening it.

Something which he never could and probably won't ever be able to.

Laksh shook his head and headed towards the classy shelves lined at the end of the hall. Placing the glass on the side table, he pulled out a book on a hunch and flipped it open.

"Let's see what is written...hmm...'It was the best of times, it was the worst of the times'...the heck man!" at once he closed it in anger. "Great! Even the Universe wants to play a joke on me now!" Looking at the cover which read "A Tale of Two Cities" he couldn't help but feel it mocking him. 'Place "lovers" in place of "cities" and wala! It becomes a story about me and her...'