Chapter 1: Trust

Based on https://twitter.com/PlayApex/status/1344757723749961729

Cover Photo Creds: @yamapan0912

 A Choice

Trust.

It was one of those loose values in the world. It was something you never realized how valuable it was until it was gone. You don't feel its presence. Instead, you hurt over its absence. Crypto never understood trust because, at the end of the day, he never trusted anyone. He had to watch his own back. Always one eye open. Always paranoid. Always scheming. It was never-ending because what made the paranoia at rest was this thing called faith. To look into the unknown- whether it be a person, an idea, or the supernatural- and be settled that it was going to be okay. That kind of trust. It wasn't a right, but a privilege. And it was a privilege Crypto lost.

Crypto lost something he never truly appreciated.

But damn it, Tae-Joon Park was doing whatever he can to bring it back.

So he made an invitation. He made it a commitment to tell Wattson. Tell her his past. His name. The reason why he's so paranoid.

But old habits die hard, especially when they kept you alive for so long.

He stared at the hand reaching out to him. He would have laughed because even now, it was her. She was the one to take that first step. To rebuild the bridge that collapsed. He had to do his part. "It's..." he felt the word stuck against his throat. It was a forbidden word- cursed. But he had to. He dared not look into her earnest eyes. But with a glance up, he saw her blue, earnest eyes. He saw hope.

Hope in him.

So, he made a choice.

"It's Tae-Joon Park."

There was a smile on her face. It's been so long since she last gave him her smile.

"Nice to meet you, Tae-Joon."

The words hit him with an unstoppable force. It's been forever since he has last heard his own name. Even longer from another tongue. The words were accented, extended, and stressed in the wrong places. But it felt right. Her French accent draped his name. For so long, he dreaded to hear his name again because it would mean the secret was out and the danger was real. But out of her lips, it felt safe. It felt warm. He felt like Tae-Joon again.

"Your secret is safe with me! And I hope you don't mind inducting me into your circle of friends." She still held out her hand.

And he took it. "Nice to meet you too, Natalie." His lips tightly curled up, ever so slightly, at her giggles.

용서. Forgiveness. The relief of such a gift uplifted his spirits. The burden he never understood but felt to his core was evaporating. She gave him a bashful smile. It would take time, yes. But what better force to trust than the work of time? It moves mountains, sways the river. It is time that builds legacies and legends.

And it is time that builds back relationships, mending itself whole.

He would do his part. Yes, what lied in front of him was something new. Something different and unexpected. It was part of the equation that he never accounted for when he first decided to be a Legend.

But that's part of the process, wasn't it? He would trust him. He would trust her. And he would trust in them.

It takes time. It takes effort. But he was going to play his part to make it work. Tae-Joon would make sure of it. 

*****

Hope you guys liked the first chapter! 

I honestly adore the two and I find their interactions throughout the game adorable and wholesome.

Don't forget to vote and comment (it really helps a lot!)- Please let me know what you think!!

I've uploaded the second chapter already. So enjoy!