PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

In the orphanage, I learned many things.

" Shion sorry we ran out of new clothes, this old sweaters may be too big and a little bit worn-out, but at least it would keep you warm.. Is that okay with you? "

Lesson one, always be grateful for whatever life gave you.

" of course it's okay " I accepted gratefully

Melinda said that Mrs and Mr William are gonna visit us, and they wish to see me, Melinda and the other people here are excited, they said I'm gonna have a family that will take care of me, the truth is, I'm excited myself I'm shy to admit that sometimes I wish I have a family like the other kids out there.

" His name is Shannon, He is a little shy and quiet but I suppose busy couple like you would appreciate a peaceful home, wouldn't you? "

Second Lesson, don't be an inconvenient

" Good a noisy kid would be inconvenient, isn't he a bit too thin? Does he have any health problem " a woman ask, they are talking about me and I heard the desperation in Melinda's voices

" He is perfectly healthy no worries its just that, we sometimes don't have enough food for growing kids."

Lesson three, keep your thoughts to yourself even if you're hungry, sick or cold.

Repeat and remember...

" Take care Shannon, I know you're a good boy you can start a new life with them " Melinda hug me and say goodbye along with the other kid I'm not close with. But for sure I'm gonna miss them so much.

" Listen here Shannon we just made a favor from your auntie to adopt you because they can't handle anymore burden, So. Come with us, not everyday a parents would adopt a kid nowaday you better be grateful.

" Dear, don't say it that way-" her husband said

" Thank you ma'am and sir. Thank you very much"

Lesson four, don't wish for more.

5 yrs past...

" Now that we've had our own baby we must give our full attention to her and about Shannon, how about we send him to the Philippines, he can continue his study there " mom said

" But love. Shion has been living with us for the past five years! We can't just throw him away like that, he's still young, He doesn't demand much attention anyway. Atleast let him stay with us until he becomes an adult " I heard them argue

" Geez why are you so attached to that kid?! "

Lesson five, stay quiet even when it hurts.

And last lesson, don't hold onto anything or anyone too tight, because they are never yours.

Just like my house, food, clothes and even my parents, they aren't really mine.

Like the person I happened to fall in love with, he would never be mine either, He is nice enough to stay with me and treat me like a friend

I'm grateful to be his bestfriend I wouldn't ask for more.

Perhaps someday I'll have something for myself.

Is it okay to ask for more? would it be too greedy of me to reach my hands out and run after what I truly wanted.

When all my life , I was taught to just wait with my palms up and accept whatever the world gives me.