Part 1

It was a dark, scary night. There was a full moon and Jimmy, Sam, and Patty were walking home from a fun evening at the carnival.

"What time did your parents say you needed to be home?" asked Patty.

Jimmy responded, "My mom said to be home by 8:30."

"My parents said to be home by 9:00," answered Sam.

They continued walking, and then all of a sudden they heard a noise behind them in the park.

"Did you hear that?" asked Patty.

They all turned around to see what the noise was. The full moon cast an eerie glow on their surroundings. They stopped and looked around in search of what the noise could have been.

Sam said, "Yes, I heard that, but I don't see anything."

"I didn't hear anything," Jimmy replied.

They turned around and continued walking towards their homes. Behind them, a shuffling sound was heard. They all froze in place.

"I definitely heard that!" exclaimed Jimmy.

"Me, too!" Sam and Patty replied at the same time.

They all turned around to look behind them and that's when they saw who made the sound. They all burst into laughter.

"It's a squirrel!" Patty exclaimed.

With that they all turned around and started walking home. Behind them a little squirrel sat in confusion at the sudden outburst from the squirrely humans.