1 - New Place

It's been some time since I had to walk in the rain. I can't blame my family for removing me from the house. Not like I even liked it there anyway, though they caught on earlier than planned...It looks like I gotta find someplace for the time being. 

Walking along the side, I was starting to get thirsty, a good thing I had some cash on me, so I went to a nearby cafe to relax a bit. While I was about to order my drink, the cashier decided to be rude to me for my appearance. Saying I don't look like I'll be able to afford any of the items their cafe was selling, which got me in a bad mood. Clenching my fist, I suddenly heard someone shouting behind me. A young girl with blonde hair stood up for me, saying not to judge me for my cover and that it was their job to serve customers. The cashier went silent noticing, others staring and whispering. The manager later walked in, hearing the commotion after learning about the situation Both the manager and cashier apologized for their actions.

The girl who helped me left the cafe with a smile, asking me to come to a specific address. I was grateful for what she did but confused, but after giving it some thought. I decided to meet her there. I was worried as well, seeing how sketchy it was, but I didn't have anything to lose anyway.

- Later that night - 

I came to the meetup place, written in the paper she had given me. It was an alleyway with dead rats and just trash lying on the floor. I was there for quite some time, wondering if it was just a mistake, but surprisingly she made her appearance with another person, with blonde hair as well. Her name was Himiko Toga. As for her partner, he introduced himself as Jin. I told my name afterward and proceeded to ask the purpose of getting me to meet them in an alleyway like this.

Apparently, they were wondering if I had a job. Hesitant I was to answer, I lied and said I took a walk around the area for some fresh air. Toga came up close to me, speaking in a soft voice,

"That must have been quite the walk. With clothing like yours, it would seem you haven't been home for days." 

I was more on edge after that since a normal person doesn't observe this much usually. 

"W-what do you people want from someone like me..." I said in a stuttering voice

"We would like to offer you a position as a bar assistant," said the men beside her.

I was lost at what was even happening and why these people would go this far. I wanted to reject them, but I didn't have much choice judging from my current situation. Out of hesitation, I accepted their offer. 

Toga snapped her fingers after, and out of nowhere, a black smoke slowly appeared. They told me not to be scared and walk-in, and so I followed them showing up in another location which seemed to be the bar I was meant to work at.

"Hey, crazy girl, who did you just bring in here." 

I looked to the corner of where the sound was coming from and saw the sight of a tall looking man at least 6 ft tall with scars holding his skin together, piercings on both ears, and 1 on the left of his nose wearing a white t-shirt, baggy black jeans, and bulky double white studded belt.

"Now, now, don't cause a ruckus with the new person." someone said as I felt a touch on my shoulder from a man in a bartender suit with smoke as their head said.

"I'm gonna take a guess and say that our toga here brought you as my bar assistant and possibly recruit?"

In confusion, I said, "Recruit?"

He sighed and looked over to where Toga was, "Looks like she has yet to explain to you what's going on completely."

Toga, whistling beside the scar-looking man said excitedly, "Hehehe, she's cute so and seems to have some anger in her, so YES! Also, it's getting lonely around here there aren't many girls to talk to aside from Magne..." ending in a pout.

A small argument broke out in the room, but the atmosphere was pretty refreshing.

"C'mon, let's go." 
"W-wait WHAT!" 

As I enjoyed the atmosphere, this tall scar looking dude dragged me to the next room and started questioning me. 

"So what are you actually here for, idiot."

"I-idiot?! I have a name. You burnt shit! And it's y/n."

"Oh, a fiesty one we have here, huh?" he replied in an amused tone.

Out of nowhere pushes me to the wall holding both my hands upwards against it and asking me again to answer his question. I was no longer in a good mood, so a reversal on him was done. Going in close face to face locking eyes.

"As your smoke friend said, I'm just here for work to earn money."

"Heh, if that's what you say now, would you let me go? Y/n." He said with a smirk on his face in a teasing way. Though I found it annoying, he was cute with it. I wouldn't mind seeing it more honestly, but sadly, his attitude is as shit as he is. I let him go afterward, apologizing for my actions, considering I was just a newbie around here. 

"So, do you have your place yet, idiot?"

"Place?"

"Home, you idiot."

"Oh..." I had forgotten about that problem, considering what has happened in the past few days. I told him I didn't exactly have one currently. He stared at me, calling me an idiot again, and seriously what's this guy's problem we literally just met.

"If you want, you can crash at my place till you get your own."

I went silent, not expecting this dude to even offer his place. But as much as I would like no to, I can't always crash at the bar, and I already feel bad enough with Toga helping me back at the cafe, but now getting me a job is already fine with me. He let out his hand asking if we have a deal. Out of hesitation, I accepted and purpose to let me have my personal space while living there. Then he nodded his head and next telling me to call address him as "Dabi." 

"Well Doll, let's go then." I nearly choked at the pet name he had given me, but guess that's an upgrade? As I spaced out, his tall frame walked up close to me.

"It's weird that you would accept my offer that easily." He said with a grin on his face 

"Just so you know, I didn't have much of a choice."

He comes in close, whispering in my ear.

"Remember the grave you have just dug. This will be fun, Doll."