The Bakugos' Downfall

"I just wanna say... I'm gonna win."

Katsuki Bakugo was so sure of those words the moment they left his mouth on Friday, May 10, 2019.

He was Japan's next Number 1 hero after all.

However, time and time again, that damn nerd he called Deku and all those extras really pushed his buttons.

Who was complimented for their quirk when he and Deku were younger? He was.

Who stood a chance against all those villains because they had a quirk? He did.

Who's the real deal out of them? He is.

Whose side did the teachers take every time Deku or other extras were pains in his ass? They took his side.

Did they get any of those clues through their pathetically thick skulls? No, they didn't.

As such, he'd treat them the way they deserve to be treated—as puny stepping stones to his inevitable victory.

Little did he know that his efforts to be the best of the best would soon be rendered meaningless.

**********

"COME ON! JUST TAKE THE GODDAMN MEDAL AWAY FROM HIM, YOU BRAINLESS BUFFALO!"

To say that Haruka Ishikawa was pissed beyond words by what she was seeing from the roof of the stadium didn't even begin to describe it.

Her frustrated scream was drowned out by the thousands of people below her who were either watching or participating in the madness that was otherwise known as the 2019 U.A. Sports Festival.

First of all, the little mountain of overconfidence known as Katsuki Bakugo had the guts to preemptively declare himself the winner. Second of all, the monster disguised as an explosive blond guy won the damn festival.

As if none of the above was bad enough, pretty much everything about him reminded her way too much of her own tormentors.

She remembered how so many of them were convinced that they were future hotshot heroes just because of their own quirks. She remembered how they made her misery into their entertainment... their happiness... their pride and joy.

Such were the vibes she got from six-year-old Katsuki during a fateful run-in which took place over two weeks before the fire that killed her.

After helping a quirkless classmate of his flee his explosive wrath unharmed, the pair had gotten into an intense argument which ended when he declared Haruka to be just another "quirkless girl who will never matter." Before he ran off in pursuit of yet another victim, Katsuki flashed her the kind of predatory smile that was more than enough to send shivers crawling down anyone's spine.

The fact that he even knew how to pull off such a smile at such a young age was a massive clue to the destructive person he'd grow up to be.

Determined to fulfill her dying promise of exacting vengeance against Musutafu, she wasn't going to let any opportunity go to waste.

For someone who badly wants to surpass All Might's popularity and be "the richest hero of all time," Katsuki was painfully unaware of the opportunity he just created for her.

It turned out that even after over nine years of near-daily plotting, she had still yet to find what she deemed to be the perfect test subject for what would happen to a supposedly heroic person if she exposed their immorality and had them face the music. Haruka mentally gave herself bonus points for each mistake which had something to do with her past.