𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘶𝘯, 𝘮𝘺 𝘮𝘰𝘰𝘯, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘴

(A/n, Since it's about to get really intense and there probably won't be any Hancock and Y/n interactions for a few chapters, I decided to write this little short story! The next chapter will be out soon!)

It was the night before Hancock, Luffy, and Y/n left for Impel Down. Otherwise known as the last peaceful night of their lives.

Hancock and Y/n were stood on a balcony, just outside of the snake prince's room. Luffy and everyone else on the island were already asleep, leaving just the two standing alone, nothing but the moon above them filling the gap between them. It was silent for a few moments before Y/n decided to break the silence.

"I can't thank you enough for letting us come with you to Impel Down tomorrow," The girl said, looking up to stare at the taller man. "I guess you aren't really that bad of a person!" She said, giving him one of her signature grins, causing the man to look the other way as a blush covered his face.

"It's nothing of course!" He said, his words being slightly muffled due to his hand covering his mouth. "You helped my brothers and I out at the arena earlier today, so think of this as me repaying the favor. However, I'll forever be in your debt."

"But all I did was cover his back?" Y/n questioned. Hancock then proceeded to remove the hand covering his mouth as he looked down and stared back at the girl.

"True, but you doing that helped keep a massive secret away from my people, one that would've completely destroyed my reputation if they found out," Hancock said, referring to the secret he told Luffy and Y/n earlier that day. "I'll still never understand why you did that though. When I found out about you, I went completely out of my way to try to have you and your brother killed! How could you forgive someone as horrible as me?" He asked. You could hear the pain in his voice as he said that.

Hancock then lowered his head. You could see the small water droplets coming from his face, as he brought his hands up to wipe away his tears. However, he was interrupted as Y/n walked up to him and hugged Hancock, tightly wrapping her arms around his waist. Shocked, all he could do was stand there. Eventually, he returned the hug, placing his face on her shoulders as he continued to cry.

After a few moments, the two eventually let go, leaving them standing there.

"It's understandable that you'd get mad at me and Luffy for coming here, especially me," she reassured him. "After all, this is a men-only island. If it was just Luffy it'd be fine, but since I'm a girl, it's understandable that you'd want me gone."

"Yeah, I guess so.." Hancock trailed off. He was silent for a few moments before he finally finished what he was saying. "Thank you for understanding!" He finished. Y/n nodded at him and then continued to stare at the stars.

"You know, I've always wanted to go up there," Y/n said, causing Hancock to give her a questioning look.

"What do you mean?" He asked, wanting to know what the girl meant.

"Well, when I was younger, it was always me, Luffy, Ace, and our other brother, Sabo. One day, Sabo disappeared, we all think he died though," she said. Hancock gave her a sympathetic look as she continued. "I like to believe that when you die, you just go beyond the stars. I hate it when people tell me when you die it's just nothing," she stopped for a moment to catch her breath. "There's always something out there, even if you can't see it!"

"I know what you mean," Hancock said, causing the girl to stare up at him. "The man that saved my brothers and I that day, I like to believe that he's still out there, having adventures of his own. I also like to believe that one day, we'll meet once again, just under better circumstances this time."

Just as before, a deafening silence was upon the two, the only source of noise being the crickets chirping and the faint sound of waves crashing along the shore.

Y/n opened her mouth to say something, but she quickly closed it, turning her glance to the full moon above them. Hancock took this as an opportunity to admire her features. The way her e/c eyes admired the moon, her h/c slightly blew in sync with the wind, and the way the moon brought out her s/c skin, he loved everything about her.

After a few moments, he too turned his glance towards the moon above them.

"The moon is beautiful tonight isn't it," Hancock said.

"Yeah, I wish it could be like this forever," Y/n said. Hancock nodded his head, knowing that she didn't understand what he was trying to say.

"Are you nervous about tomorrow?" He asked, trying to start a conversation.

"Not really. I have no reason the be nervous if I'm sure Luffy and I will save Ace!" she spoke with confidence. She then turned to look at the man in front of her. "And with you helping us out, we're sure to get our brother back!" Hancock blushed at her words, quickly turning the other way so she didn't notice.

"Hearing your confidence is refreshing. I'm glad to have someone such as you around," he calmly spoke. Y/n laughed, which Hancock couldn't eventually help but smile at as well.

"Thanks!"