26. you've been warned

* start the song now *

The music started to play through Brook's headset, getting louder within seconds. Eventually, the intro to the song played throughout the entire studio for the small crowd of people behind the glass. Monica stood next to the control panel while her assistant was further in the back. Tom and Andrea both stood behind the producer, smiling as Brook fixed her hair around the headphones.

She put a thumbs up for the producer so he would start up on the backup vocals she worked on beforehand. It got louder for a mew moments but he quickly turned it down low enough so she could finally hear her own voice.

Brooklyn, now a little nervous for reasons she couldn't really pin point, took a few steps on the spot before leaning in and letting out a laugh like she had written in the notes. "Ever since I can remember, I get jolly in December" Brook sang, putting a smile on everyone's faces, especially Tom's.

He loved how this was totally out of Brooklyn's element but not at all. Never in a million years did he think his sarcastic, tomboy, hot-headed girlfriend would be singing about Santa Clause. 
What didn't surprise him however, was that she was able to turn a Christmas song, into something she knew her fans would love. 

"Need more proof?" The backup vocals rang through. "Santa's real..." Her vocals came in again, she shut her eyes and hit a higher note, a smirk pulling at Monica's lips. "What he 'boutta... Drink that cocoa up and fly across the world just for you" She turned to face the people behind the glass and winked with a smile. Quiet laughter scattered across the studio.

Don't get her wrong, Brooklyn didn't hate the holidays, she just never had the time to celebrate it since moving out to New York. Andrea made her decorate a cheap, plastic tree every once in a while, but other than that... Brook treated Christmas like any other regular work day.

"Put my tree up in November" She pointed up to Andrea, making the brunette burst out laughing. "Fake snow, L.A weather" Brook went on, lowering her arm. Everyone loved watching her be so focused on making every note perfect. How her eyes would focus on the equipment in front of her instead of the lyrics because she knew every song by heart already.

The bass made the floor vibrate and every instrument mesmerized them. The vocals switched between her live one and the pre-recorded ones like the chorus prior. She tilted her head back a little and let her voice growl for the high note which only added a simple touch of "Brooklyn Gray" to the Christmas song.

A smirk pulled at Brooklyn's lips. "Drink that cocoa up and fly across the world just for you" 

The chorus rolled around like per usual and this time, the young star began dancing around and singing into the mic in front of her. Everyone was smiling because this whole session was going perfectly. 

Tom had forgotten about this part of the job, how much she enjoyed recording. Neither of them were ever big fans of the media but simply dealt with it because it was a part of the job. He knew how hard these past few weeks have been for her and was happy to see her in her element again; not caring about what people thought, just enjoying the music.

Brooklyn would've wanted to sing something else than a usual Christmas song obviously, but she still managed to make it has fun as possible. She didn't want to write just any other Santa Clause song, but one that still went with her kind of style in music.
One that still made you feel like a bad bitch all while singing about Santa Clause drinking hot cocoa.

She let her voice take controls on the last few notes, her eyes closed with her body leaned into the microphone. Not long after, her last note echoed through the speakers a little and the end of the song began playing.