Chapter 1

I remember I walked into that old pet store looking for a new collar for my 2 year old golden retriever, Ryno. I searched the aisles for the collars until I bumped into an employee.

"I'm sorry!" I babbled out feeling embarrassed for not looking where I was walking.

He was tall and fit. Brown curly locks with green eyes that held so much life in them at the time. His face lit up with a smile that went from ear to ear. I was confused why this boy was staring at me smiling. I thought I had gotten something on my face from eating earlier.

"What can I help you with?" His accent was thick and the dimples he owned were deep. I lost my train of thought right then and there. I shook my head trying to remember but I was now in a sea of green and couldn't move.

"Are you looking for something?" He coughed to make up for a little laugh that had slipped out of his mouth.

"Um, I think I came in here to find a collar." I mumbled breaking eye contact from the tall boy. My eyes moved across his frame to spot a name tag that said 'Harry.' I followed him down a couple of aisles and frowned when we reached the collars. I didn't want him to go back to work so I improvised.

"Which one do you think would look good on a male golden retriever?" I blurted out. He raised his eyebrows in surprise that I was asking a stranger such an odd question.

"If I answer, will you answer a question of mine?" I was shocked from his approach but I did want to know more about this tall, handsome boy. I nodded.

"I like this navy blue one. One of my favorites for dogs." He picks up the collar and motions it to me. Our fingers brush with little contact and now my whole hand is burning. "What's your name?" His head was turned to the side a little while his smile was still plastered across that pretty face of his.

"Beth." I tucked a stand of brunette hair behind my ear and gazed up at him.

"Harry." He quietly said to me. I watched his eyes take in all of my facial features at the time. "Is that everything today?" He coughs embarrassed for starring I assumed. I smiled and nodded.

"Yes, thank you Harry."

His smile grew with the sound of his name rolling off my tongue.

"Well, I'll ring you up then." He rubbed the back of his neck and motioned me towards the front of the store. He bumped his left hip into the cashier counter and I let out a small giggle. His beautiful dimples were gone and replaced with a shade of red. I handed him the collar and he scanned it.

"That will be $5.46"

I traded him the money for the collar.

"I'll see you around Beth." He waved as I walked out of my new favorite pet store.

The sun shined on my skin as I took a deep breath in. I walked back down the street to my small little Florida home that was maybe a block away. It was my uncles and he wanted me to have it when I graduated from college. The coral color house came into my view.

I opened the door to be greeted by Ryno. He was barking and jumping just like he always did.

"Here you go buddy." I pushed the collar over his big head and laughed as he shook his coat. I poured a cup of dog food in his bowl and decided to cook myself dinner and watch a movie.

The rest of the night all that consumed my thoughts was the green eyed boy.