† |00| Prologue

"CCG base to 203," said a female voice over the radio.

The helicopters flew over the luminous buildings and streets in the city of Tokyo, searching.

It was the dead of night.

"Trespassers have been spotted in the 20th ward at the Aqua Building."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

His pale, white face was smeared with blood.

"Haaahhhh..."

He put his index finger on his lower lip and pulled it down slightly.

WHAM

The mutilated corpse of a horrified man slammed against the glass of the aquarium.

Fish swam away, frightened, only leaving bubbles.

He slid down the glass with a squeaking noise.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

The helicopters passed other buildings, still searching for them.

"Trespassers are believed to be ghouls- I repeat, ghouls. Proceed to the location immediately."

»»————- ♡ ————-««

"Ahhhh... More! I want more!"

A naked, young man knelt in front of a colorful aquarium, surrounded by a big pile of corpses.

Many different images of the big city were visible through the glass as a background, that was changing from time to time.

The lights illuminating the fish also switched, from a light blue to a bright shape of red.

Then, after a while, it turned purple.

His messy, purple hair reached till his chin and he yanked his head back in delight as he ate up the dead bodies, laughing maniacally.

"Ahhhhahhahhhh..."

He held a severed head of a man over his mouth and let the blood flow in, moaning in pleasure.

"Ahhhmhh... Delicious!"

A long, pale finger cracked.

A woman with slicked back blonde hair in her assumable early fifties stepped out of the shadows into the now blue lights and toward the young man.

She was very bulky and was dressed in an entirely white suit with a gray tie covered in red lines and a dark red shirt underneath. On her right hand she had two long, golden rings on her index and ring finger, which were covered with patterns.

"It looks like they weren't kidding when they called you a glutton."

She wore a mask referring to that of Jason Voorhees, that probably changed her voice because it was strangely distorted and had a metallic undertone.

The woman finished adjusting her tie and stood still, while the male dropped the severed head he was just about to eat with a disgustingly noisy sound.

He was clearly annoyed.

They were both brightly lit by the green colors of the aquarium.

"I hate being interrupted while I'm eating."

"I don't suppose you know who I am," said the woman with a hint of disappointment.

The young man stood up, covered in blood and with his back to her.

"Oh, but I do. You're a boring woman that enjoys harassing others."

The female chuckled.

"I've got orders from above. I'm supposed to take you in alive."

The colors of the aquarium changed to purple again.

She looked up and sadistically widened her red eyes so that veins were visible.

"But before I do, maybe I'll take a finger or two, an arm or two, or even a leg or two..."

One after another, she cracked three of her fingers.

She hit a pair of metal pliers against her right hand with a loud thud.

"You don't mind, do you?"

The colors flashed green, then blue once more.

Her eyes widened again in insanity.

The fish still swam around, unconcerned, while the lights turned red.

A single one though, swam around frightened as if it could sense the tense atmosphere.

"What a small toy for such a big body. I bet you like playing house. How adorable," the young man answered mockingly, but still calm.

The woman gripped her pliers firmly in her right hand and was behind him in a flash as the gleam changed from blue to purple.

His hair waved forward.

"Let me... take them from you," she whispered in his ear and in the dim blue glow of the aquarium, two wine red kagune shot out of her back, piercing into the ground where the young man stood.

Dust whirled up, illuminated red by the lights.

Suddenly, another two kagune showed up and smashed into the glass wall of the aquarium, the water splashing out and onto the woman.

"Ugh-"

She fended off the water and looked up, seeing the young man with two blood red kagune out his back, standing on a ledge above her.

He lifted his body up with his kagune and jumped swiftly out of the building.

"Tch-"

The woman raised herself again and looked around, then turned her gaze toward her right hand.

They were gone.

Her pliers were gone.

"Give them back."

Her fingers started to tremble in rage.

"They're mine. Give them back to me!" she screamed in fury.

»»————- ♡ ————-««

The young man stood on the roof of the building and glanced at the pliers in his hand, hair waving in the wind.

His body was still covered in blood.

The night sky was pitch black.

"I'm not going to waste my time on you."

He threw the pliers in a bored manner into the depths of the building's roof structure and vanished.