08 • Bad luck

Your presence, I'm used to it to not realise this growing 'feel' I have longed for

----------------------------------------

KANG YEOSANG

I place two arms on the table as a support for my head, honestly can't hold back my desperate yawn caused by lacking of sleep.

Why the first class has to start at 7:30 in the morning?

Before sinking into dream land last night, Wooyoung asked me an unpredictable question which made me feel odd. It's kind of numb that I couldn't even explain myself.

- Flashback -

"Are you and Yujin a thing? Don't glare at me like that! Curiosity is not a crime though."

It really is.

"What do you mean?"

"You do know what I mean"

Of course I know what this guy means but why does he ask?

"You don't have any girlfriends, a friend is a girl to be more exact. And boom! One day Yujin appears as your childhood friend. You really care about her if I have to say. We've known each other for nearly five years but I haven't heard about her at all." He nagged as if I have an affair behind his back.

This is not the first time someone asks me about our relation. Even our parents want us together as a couple, to the point they used to make a bet to see if Lim or I will confess to the other first.

These parents are surely close but I can't imagine they go that far. On the phone the other day, my mom even asked whether we are dating yet.

People around me keep getting weirder and weirder.

"Also... the other day, why do you want to know two things : What happened between us on the Grand Opening day and How I knew her name?"

Wooyoung kept pushing me with his curiosity which I had no idea what to answer.

"No. We're friends. Lim is like a sister to me."

- Present -

I've been thinking about her this way. But if I'm being honest, the only thing has changed lately is that somehow I genuinly yet strangely feel happy everytime she is around, especially since the day I had dinner with her family which was the first day I moved in with Wooyoung.

Feeling like this towards your long-time-no-see friend is way too normal I believe.

Long story short, nothing more than friends between us.

Right?

"Hey. We're in the same class again~"

I bring my head up from the table to see a girl calls me by poking my shoulder. She's sitting beside me already and looking at me happily? It seems she knows me.