chapter 1

It was summer in Chicago, and as always to beat the heat morning practices of football started , as always being the tomboy I am went about thirty minutes ahead of time .
I'm Naomi the football geek since fifth grade , I love to go out on the pitch and just let it guide me it's just a feeling of peace and tranquility all in one .

When I arrive to my surprise I find a couple of new faces I hadn't seen before some of them claimed to be joining practice since last month , I know I'm the only girl on the team , it's ok I feel like I can handle a bunch of sick teenage boys .
It's been weird since Zi stopped coming I don't know why , we've been best friends since like we were 10 . We joined community football together , she's confusing sometimes you know she's kind of the popular kid in school considering we go to an all-girl high school in town . Our school is wierd it's not the best but isn't the worst either the thing with girls is that ur afraid to say something cuz girls can't zip they're mouth . That's why I don't have a lot of friends I have a friend named Alissa she's a cool kid studies well gets a good grade has a crush on a guy who doesn't know she exists , well all know how that is don't we ?

So  as I'm wearing my football cleats I hear footsteps approaching towards me , when I look up I see a tall guy with brown eyes and a voice that penetrates deep into your skin .
He takes a seat next to me and says "what's your name?"
"Naomi ".
  " Naomi is a really nice name , I'm Leo nice meeting you Naomi ."
He wears his shoes and ties his laces tight so they don't open up and cause a nuisance in the middle of a game and bids me goodbye .

I take a moment to gather myself and then head to the pitch .
We start warm-ups and then do a couple drills before playing a friendly match , I notice him putting on his gloves , and say to myself "A goalkeeper didn't think he'd be one ".