🌹 Chapter 1: How They Met 🌹

"Dauntless" Said Marcus, as Addy dropped her blood into the bowl full of hot coals. The rest of the Amity gasped and stared as I walked to the other side of the room.

-Addy's Pov-

As I walked out of the Choosing Ceremony room with the rest of the dauntless, one of them caught my eye. He was tall, very tall, and pretty bulky. Not the cutest to be honest, but some-what attractive. I wonder what his name is.
As we ran out to the train tracks, the wind blew through my long blonde hair. Then i heard it, the whistle of the train coming through the tunnel.
"Lets go! Everyone start running!" A random man shouted.
Surprisingly, everyone followed. I ran as fast as I could and then attempted to grab a hold of the train's handle, I reached as hard as I possibly could but it was no use.
Thankfully I am short and athletic so i could keep running, but the end of the platform was near. I wasn't sure if I would make it. But then, it happened.
"GRAB ONTO MY HAND, QUICK" I looked up. And there he was.

-Al's Pov-

I grabbed the handle of the train and yanked my body up and into the train car. I fell to my knees and started breathing heavily. "Wow, that was possibly the hardest thing i have done-" i chuckled. I checked outside of the train car to see if there was anyone left, and then I saw her...
She has long blonde hair and sea blue eyes. She was beautiful. Like someone I had never seen. But then I realized, she wasn't going to make it. I hung onto the side of the car, and dangled myself off of the train. "GRAB ONTO MY HAND, OUICK" I yelled. She looked up. I could sense determination in her eyes.
She grabbed my hand and pulled herself into the car.
Once we stood inside the train, we stayed there, staring at each other.
I had just met this girl, but I knew, we were meant to find each other.

-Addy's Pov-

As he pulled me into his car, I stared into his eyes. He was kind and handsome.
We stared into each others eyes for what felt like forever. To be honest I wouldn't mind if we stayed like this forever.
It was an out of body experience.. until we were interrupted.
"Alright you guys, get ready to jump!" said someone.

oh no... I don't know if I can do this...

Then I felt a hand tap my shoulder.
That same hand was reached out infront of me, waiting for my hand to set in place.
"Wanna jump together?" The boy said.
"Of course!" I said as I winked.

Our hands joined together and then...
we jumped.
The wind rustled throughout my hair as I came hurdling towards the ground.
As we landed on the stones, the impact made our hands break apart.
I sat there for a second, my arms holding up the weight of my body, I let out a sigh.
"Wow.. that was.. both terrible and great" I said as I let out a wheezy laugh.
The boy laughed along with my while wearing a huge smile on his face.

-Al's Pov-

After we exchanged a few glances while sitting on the ground, we high fived and laughed.
"So..." I said, "What's your name?" I asked her.
"Oh! I'm sorry haha, my name is Addy, what's yours?" She asked.
"My name is Al" I told her.
She blushed..

that was cute..

"Let's be friends!" She said.
"Of course." I said, then shooting her a cheesy wink.
we looked at each other in silence for a second, then started laughing.