Prologue♡

This is already the edited version of FW. Enjoy reading!

* * *

They said that the most painful thing about loving someone is letting them go. It is true because right in front of me is the man that I love the most who's smiling right now and it hurts knowing that I'll be the reason why it's going to be tears later.

He tried to hold my hand but I shove it away making his eyes widen. He was about to ask but I never gave him the chance to. I cut him off by saying, "Let's break up."

His eyes widened even more as confusion swallowed him. He stared at my face, dumbfounded.

"P-pardon?"

"I said let's break up," I repeated in a stern voice. His mouth fell and started to freak out.

"What the hell!? Tzuyu why are you asking for a break up?! What did I do? Tzuyu answer me!" he panicked.

I swallowed the lump on my throat and remembered the lines that I practiced during the night.

"Nothing. I j-just uhm-got tired of you." Lies. I may grow tired of everything around me but not with you. Never will.

"Tzuyu!" He exclaimed.

"What?!"

"Love is not a fucking race for you to be tired. Our relationship isn't a fucking game that you could play and then get bored after-Tzuyu you know how much I love you!"

I almost scoff because of what he said. You're right! So. Damn. Right. This isn't a race but I have to run. This isn't a game but I have to fight-for my freedom and for your peace.

So please...just let me go already.

I swallowed once again and meet his gaze.

"I know how much love you invested in this relationship, Taehyung and I a-apologize for taking advantage of it."

Tears started to build at the corner of his eyes.

"W-what do you mean?"

"I never loved you, Taehyung."

His lips parted as pain passed across his eyes. He looks betrayed. And that's when tears fell from his precious eyes.

"Baby, please don't lie to me..." he cried.

"Take back whatever you said, Tzuyu. I'll act like you never said those things. Hmm? Take it back baby, please..."

I shook my head.

"I won't..." 'cause I can't.

"Why would I take back the words that I clearly meant? Just accept it Taehyung, I didn't love you."

He cried even more. His shoulders moved up and down and it hurts seeing him like this. Please stop crying...

"That's not what I felt during those months, Tzuyu! I know you're just lying so tell me what's bothering you so I could help!" he shouted, but when I didn't answer he looked away.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, Taehyung. Just let me go already."

After saying those, he met my gaze. We locked eyes and all I want to do right now is hug him and tell him that everything's going to be fine. I want to tell him that I was just lying and that I really love him more than myself.

But I can't and I should not. I don't want him to be a part of my chaotic world and shade him with darkness.

"How could I let go of my life?"