Ch1 : Ira's POV

Binging romance novels and love songs make me feel whole yet empty at the same time. It leaves with me a warm fuzzy feeling but makes me feel lonely at the same time with no one there to caress me, kiss me or cuddle with me.

"Ira!" mom yelled from the kitchen downstairs for the 4th time already. "I'm coming Maa" I shouted while hurriedly packing up my school bag, checking up if I left something. Reading 'Shiver' had sure made me late for the first day of my senior year  in Delhi Public School Manali. There aren't many options for schools in Manali so my parents decided that I shall stay here for studies plus the  result had been fantastic with the new teachers. Either way I was happy with the decision as all my best friends  were here with me.
"I told you to sleep early last night. You never listen what I say" mom complained. "Sorry" I gave her a sheepish smile and sat down to have breakfast , almost swallowing the food . I looked at my watch. Nilza was going to kill me. "I'm done. Bye" I kissed her on the cheek and ran out of my house all the way to our bus stop. Nilza was standing with her hands folded and  beamed a deadly stare my way. "I thought we decided to meet up at 8:00 to buy school supplies? " "I finally  completed 'Shiver'" I defended myself and saw her eyes instantly lit up as I gave her the book.

Suddenly we saw Ronit  running towards us. "MrPunctual is late!" Nilza said as we both looked at Ronit laughing. The guy was panting. He was the smartest and the most charming guy I saw in real life. After running in the cold spring morning he turned red looking  even cuter. I once had a tiny little crush on him back then in 6th grade but it ended in a month. He was always so cold."Thanks for your concern" he replied sarcastically. This had been our language for the past 5 years as we reached here everyday. We were just classmates. Just classmates.

The yellow bus stopped right in front of us as we climbed up and got to our usual seats. It was our last year in school and being at the top of high school hierarchy somewhat made me feel empowered.

"Karan confessed to me  last night ".  "Wow" I said as she sighed.
With a slim yet curvy body, clear skin and more than 1K insta followers  confessions were nothing new.
"I dumped him ". "What a surprise" I remarked, my sarcasm evident.
She had high standards for a guy which I liked a lot. Girls should  never lower their standards just to get into a relationship.
"Finally you are here. I was missing you. Give me some spicy gossips" I said to Ananya, my other best friend as she sat besides us in the 3 seater .She was like paparazzi and knew what everyone was up to. We both high fived while Nilza smirked our way. We chatted all the way up till we reached school.