Chapter 2 Friend or Foe

Okay so I kinda had an "Author's Block" BUT I finally gained some inspiration and I also decided that I might add more Yaoi pairings, but not now.....later....ok...bye!! ^-^

~~~

Naruto didn't know where he was when he woke up. He opened his cerulean orbs to scan his surroundings. A few flowers were spread on the nightstand next to him. He yawned but flinched as soon as the pain came back to his stomach. He had cotton in his mouth and already he tasted the blood. Naruto was in a hospital alright, but he had no idea how he ended up there. Someone saved him but he didn't know who. Then the door clicked open and a nurse walked in. It was Ino. She volunteers sometimes.

"Naruto, you're finally awake! How are you feeling?" The blonde asked.

"Better I guess." He replied still slightly dazed.

"That bike accident could've gone worse. Glad you feel better though." She smiled.

What? An accident? He thought.

Ino handed him a glass of water and checked his bandages.

"How did I get here?"

"The new kid, Sasuke, brought you in."

"Wha...Sasuke?"

"Yup. Well I'll be back to check on you. Eat you're lunch." After she left, Naruto stared at the flowers next to him.

From Hinata. 'Get well soon!' He let out a sigh.

Why did he bring me here? And why did he lie about what happened?

He shrugged and ate his soup.

~~~Time Skip~~~

A few weeks and Naruto was up and going. It wasn't until a week after his recovery that he had returned to school. He made his way to his class and saw that he was earlier than usual, why's that? He wanted to have a chat with the Uchiha boy.

As soon as he entered, there he was, sitting calmly by himself and writing. Naruto approached him and sat where he always sat, infront of him.

"I don't need your gratitude." He said without looking up.

"I wasn't-" Naruto trailed off and huffed. He wasn't sure what he was going to ask him. "Anyways, why did you help me? And why did you lie? I could've handled them on my own."

Sasuke finally looked up, "Just be glad I came when I did. You're so annoying." He huffed and looked back down at his book.

Naruto was ticked but he did save him, though he didn't want it. So he mumbled and turned around in his seat.

"You'll get used to his obnoxiousness." A new voice said. Sasuke turned to see another teen, hazelnut hair, slit orbs and red fang shaped tatooes on his cheek. Unusual.

"KIBA SHUT UP! I'm not as annoying as you! Know-it-all dog breath!" Naruto huffed.

"What was that? DOG BREATH!?" So called Kiba growled.

Sasuke didn't really care and continued reading. Though it was hard when you were right between them.

"Kiba calm down. You're being loud and rude."

Kiba paused and sat back down, "Whatever, Shikamaru..." he huffed and placed his hands behind his head, looked out the window. Naruto also sat down glaring at him and turned around.

"Oi, Naruto, you still up for lunch later?" Shikamaru asked the blonde. "You still owe me and Kiba."

"Oh yeah I forgot. Alright. Fine." He murmured and turned around in his seat.

Soon the bell rang and class continued. Sasuke was glad he only had one glass with Naruto since he was so loud. Even when he's not in the classroom you could still hear him faintly complaining in another room. Not to mention a certain pinkette who is constantly asking him to eat lunch with her.

After lunch had come he was heading to the roof. Sasuke was certain no one wanted to be his friend, except all the girls. Although he liked eating alone, he also liked having someone to talk to.

"Sasuke! Hey!"

The young Uchiha turned around, only to see it was Naruto and Shikamaru, along with Kiba. His face scrunched.

"You always eat by yourself. Why don't you join us? Naruto is going to pay anyways." Kiba said with a smirk.

"Hey! We agreed we'd only invite him! I wasn't going to-"

"-I don't mind."

"Eh?" Naruto blinked.

"Well, that settles that, let's go." Kiba put an arm around Shikamaru and Naruto. Sasuke was stunned. Why did they ask him of all people.

He followed next to them, not really getting into their odd conversations. They ended up in a little restaurant just two blocks away from the school and were immediatly seated by an old lady.

"So, Naruto..." Kiba started.

"What..?" The blonde looked up from his soda.

"Hinata likes you. And I know you like her, so why don't you ask her out?"

"What? Yeah she's cute but I don't like her like that!"

"C'mon, Naruto, admit it! Or are you more into...you know." A sly playful grin spread across his face.

"I-I don't!" Naruto's face reddened.

"Kiba, just let him be. I'm sure Naruto will get a girlfriend or boyfriend, whatever he prefers, soon." Shikamaru put a hand on his shoulder. Just like an obediant dog he cooled down.

"Now let's order our food an eat. Naruto's treating so let's eat all we can."

"What?!" Naruto said "We agreed a small meal!"

Sasuke was getting more and more intrigued by him. Does he actually like someone? Well why would Sasuke care. He doesn't know him all that well anyways.