Chapter 1

"Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner. 42 losers. I eat losers for breakfast." Lightning said then thought of something. "Breakfast? Wait, maybe I should have had breakfast? A little breaky could be good for me. No, no, no, stay focused. Speed! I'm faster than fast, quicker than quick! I am Lightning!"

Then he heard pounding on his trailer door.

"Hey Lightning, are you ready?" Mac his driver asked.

"Oh, yeah. Lightning's ready." he said.

As the crowd saw him they all cheered and a camera then showed the audience on the stadium seats, an aerial view of the Motor Speedway of the South circuit, then a cameraman aiming a camera at the circuit. The camera then showed Lightning on the television screen on the scoring pylon. Then the camera showed the circuit from as high as the audience seats, and zooms in on Lightning

"Ka-chow!" he said.

Then the camera showed the race and saw the cars zooming and whooshing along. Then Lightning overtook six cars. He then gets blocked by two cars named Floyd Mulvihill and Rusty Cornfuel, and rode his right wheels closer to the wall to overtake the two cars. Then the camera showed McQueen on the television screen on top of the scoring pylon as he winked. Two of his fans named Mia and Tia screamed, the camera then showed the audience cheering.

Then the camera then showed the racers whooshing along, then it showed some people, the camera zoomed in on two people named Larry and R.M., who were cheering.

Then the camera showed some of the racers in the pits as the air wrenched are heard whirring. It goes to different racers as they have their pit stops, and ends with one of the racers exiting back onto the track. Then it showed in the crowd someone named Elvis, who was dancing to Real Gone, the camera then showed Chick Hicks as he purposely hit a racer named Lee Revkins off the track, Lee Revkins grunted, and screamed, slid away, the camera showed The King overtaking Chick, and he drove away revving his engine.

"Welcome back to the Dinoco 400, I'm Bob Cutlass, here with my good friend, Darrell Cartrip, we're midway through what may turn out to be a historic day for racing." Bob said.

"Bob, my body pressure's through the roof right now. If this gets more exciting, they're gonna have to take me outta the booth!" Darrell said.

"Right you are, Darrell. Three racers are tied for the season points lead, heading into the final race of the season. And the winner of this race Darrell, will win the season title and, the Piston Cup. Does The King, Strip Weathers, have one more victory in him before retirement?" Bob said.

"He's been Dinoco's golden boy for years! Can he win them one last Piston Cup?" Darrell asked.

"And, as always, in the second place spot we find Chick Hicks. He's been chasing that tailfin his entire career." Bob said.

"Chick thought this was his year, Bob. His chance to finally emerge from The King's shadow. But the last thing he expected was... Lightning McQueen!" Darrell said.

"You know, I don't think anybody expected this. The rookie sensation come into the season unknown. But everyone knows him now." Bob said.

"Will he be the first rookie to win a Piston Cup and land Dinoco?" Darrell said.

"The legend, the runner up, and the rookie! Three cars, one champion!" Bob said.

The camera then showed the racers. Chick was trying to overtake The King, who was blocking his way. Lightning then caught up to Chick as they tried to get ahead of one another.

"No, you don't." Chick said.

Then Lightning moved to the left and finally overtook Chick's, Lightning chuckled, then Chick gained on Lightning as Real Gone ends. Chick Hicks then bumped Lightning, causing him to slide off the track onto the infield. The crowd started booing to what had happened.