09 • Protect and Attack

It takes me forever to realise that I have fallen for you

---------------------------------------

KANG YEOSANG

8:35pm - the third floor of Chongmo Apartment Block 🏢

"Yeosang, have you met Yujin today!?"

The door opens, revealing Lim's parents with worried expression flashed all over their faces.

"No... We haven't. What happend Uncle? Aunt?"

I'm being dumbfounded for a few seconds to process the question they've just asked.

They tell me that Lim is no where to be found. She's supposed to get home around 6 pm after both review class and athletic practice end. Uncle says he called her almost a hundred times but no one picked up.

Usually, when she goes home late, she will text her mother to let her know. Also, it's dark outside.

An uneasy feeling takes over my body.

"Don't worry. I don't think something bad happened." I say while letting them go inside and have a seat.

I fish my phone out from my pocket and call Wooyoung as he has been at the Cafe to help Yunho since the early afternoon after his class finished.

"Wooyoung. Are you still at Paw? Do you see Li-... I mean Yujin there?"

"Not at all. Hey, what's wrong?" He asks after hearing me click my tongue in frustration.

After telling him everything quickly, I hang up then put on my jeans coat, going out with Lim's parents to find her.

I'm going to protect you at all cost.

--- ✳ ---

LIM YUJIN

It's useless if I keep shouting and knocking the door without anyone hear as this abandoned library is no longer used, not many people pass by this area of the school.

It must be dark outside as I take a peek at the dim light reflected by the lampost hits the tiny glass window. Not to mention how high it is for me to reach.

I should have confirmed with Chaein before following that bastard. Why did he do this to me?

My stomach can't help but growling out loud as it needs to be filled. Besides, I'm on my period today which causes my mood escalation to go even more hasty.

I sit down, hugging my knees close to rest my head on them and sobbing quietly, feeling desperatedly helpless.

--- ✳ ---