Files, upon files, upon files.

Sapnap sighed, running his hands through his almost shoulder-length black hair as his friend slowly drove to the parking lot near their two workplaces.

His friend since college, a nice man named Karl Jacobs, worked at a bar that was attached to a large, office-like building.

The building was owned by the WasTaken Mafia, one of the most successful mafias in the entire country.

It was a charcoal grey, the bar part being a plain medium red with the name ''WasTaken'' written across the left side in large light-up letters.

Sapnap, however, worked at the bookshop right next to the building; which been there for as long as anyone in the city can remember.

He was only there for the money, he figured he couldn't always rely on Karl to pay everything off himself.

The bookshop was small, made out of faded red bricks, leaving them a more brown-red colour.

It was simply called ''The Bookshop'' a name the owner surprisingly took a long time to think of.

It held almost all of the books in the world, and yet the owner was still looking for more to fill the shelves.

It was rumoured to have a secret room behind one of the oak bookshelves that only a few certain someones had the ability to open.

Sapnap never checked if he was one, he just assumed he wasn't.

The room was apparently filled with files of all the people that are, and have, lived in the city.

Living or dead, they were there.

Karl looked over at Sapnap as he stopped the car in the parking lot of the club.

''You okay dude?''

He questioned, attempting to make eye contact.

''Yeah, I'm fine why?''

''You're hardly ever this quiet. Wait, no, let me rephrase that, you're hardly ever quiet at all.''

Sapnap scoffed, unbuckling his seatbelt and opening the passenger side door.

''Haha, very funny. Thanks for driving, again,''

''It's no problem, like I said, it's convenient. We live in the same house, and work right next to each other, it makes no sense why we'd need two cars. Oh, and you can't drive.''

Karl laughed at him, getting out of the plain grey car he's driven since he first got his driver's license and locking it.

Sapnap only sighed, waving a small goodbye to his best friend as he began to walk to his workplace, pulling the keys to the small wooden and brick building out of his pocket on the way.

They slid into the lock just as they were made too, allowing him to head inside the building and prepare for it to open to the public, after he locked the door behind him of course.

There wasn't much to do, just dust the final shelves, put up some new books, and make sure all the shelves were in place, especially the ones in the back, one of which Sapnap was ordered to never restock.

He wasn't ready to reveal something that could possibly change how he saw the whole city, so he never tried.

Once he finished putting the new books on their respectful shelves a solid couple of knocks were heard on the glass door Sapnap had just entered moments ago.

He dusted his hands off on his black jeans and walked over to where the knock came from, momentarily freezing in place when he saw who it was.

Dream, the one and only.