I'm in Love with My Older Brother

I'm in love with him. who? uhm.. my older brother, Cedrick.

Cate sighed as she bent down to picked up the scattered clothes littered on her brother's floor. If not for her brother's birthday tomorrow, she would not waste her time trying to clean his room. She's just trying to be a good little sister after she had broken her brother's  cellphone when they were arguing about a cereal.

"  I'm home! " It was Cedrick, he was already home from a  Saturday basketball practice at school.

Cate heard him and she frantically throw the piece of trash she had picked up from under his bed in her brother's garbage bin and dashed to her room. She does'nt want to be caught cleaning in Cedrick's room.

Cedrick was ascending the stairs when he caught a glance at the calendar. It was March 4 today, and tomorrow was his birthday and he will turn 16.He decided to just spend his birthday at home with his family. He smiled as he went inside his room, remembering that he had bought Cate a cool gray shirt. She's going to love it. He thought.

Meanwhile, while Cate was at her room, her friendnemy Bridgette, called.

" Heyo, Cate! " Bridgette greeted, she sounded nervous.

" Hi, Bridg, what's up? You sound nervous. " Cate commented.

" Uh... I want to ask you something."

" What is it, Bridg?"

" Can I have Cedrick's number? " Bridgette asked softly, making it hard for Cate to hear.

" Oh. You want my brother's number? Tss. " Cate replied, annoyed

" Yeah, can I have it? Please? I really really like him. '' Bridgette said.

Cate rolled her eyes and stared sharply at the phone she was holding. A bitch asking for her brother's number? No way, she was'nt to let her brother get a bitch for a girl friend.

" No.You and my brother don't match. " Cate told her and  she hung up.

Cate did'nt notice her brother's figure leaning on the doorway of  he room.

" Who does'nt match with me, little sister eh?" Cedrick drawled as he strolled from the doorway to Cate's bed.

" You're eavesdropping! How rude! Go away Ced! " Cate exclaimed as she stared into her brother's slate gray eyes.

" I just happened to pass by your room Cate. " Cedrick replied,chuckling (though he was lying), Now, who was on the phone? " He added.

" Bridgette Clawson. Why? You want to date with her? " Cate growled. She don't know why she was furious at Bridgette of having the guts to get her brother's number.

" Why so angry, Cate? '' Cedrick asked softly as he reached for Cate's shoulder to pat. Cate scooted away from him. Cedrick looked hurt. Here he was trying to be on good terms with his sister and she was not making the slightest of efforts.

"First, I'm angry because I don't want bitches running after my brother. Second, I'm angry because your eavesdropping. And third! Were still not friends! " Cate explained as she ran her hands through her hair, still looking at Cedrick's gray eyes.

" Oh, oh, oh my. You don't want girls following after me? Then how will I get married? " Cedrick joked.

Cate scowled and darted him an evil look.

" Ha ha. Funny! How will I get married? You're just fifteen! Turning sixteen tomorrow!" Cate spat at him.

"I'm just joking. Okay, I admit, I'm eavesdropping and I'm sorry for that. " Cedrick apologized, hanging his head in shame taking interest at the floral pattern of Cate's bedsheet.