One Shot

Y/n and Nischay, are introverts. Through out their school life, they couldn't make any other friends, except each other. They met quite often, helped each other, and also topped in school together. With time passing, they both developed feelings for each other but didn't confess it .

But in thier friendship, there was a barrier. Nischay was Hindu but Y/n was Muslim . The fact that Y/n's father lost his parents at a tender age of 13 during Hindu-Muslim riots, developed in him a grudge towards the Hindus . He kept asking Y/n to stay away from Nischay fearing that he might lose his daughter, the same way . Y/n constantly tried convincing her father that not all people are so harsh but he never once tried to change his approach . Fed up of arguing all the time. Y/n decided to leave the home .

Nischay on the other hand, stayed alone, since his family went back to Amritsar due to some reason . On coming to know about Y/n's decision Nischay asks her to abandon this idea, but she was as stubborn as her father. So he asked her stay with him at his apartment . But difficulties were likely never ending .

Questions aroused from their surroundings . People started talking about them. Some spoke on how can a girl and a boy stay together, if they were married, what relation they share . Some who knew about them questioned how come that Hindu guy be with a muslim girl. But somehow they tolerated all of it and managed ti stay well .

One fine evening, Nischay was returning from Office. At the apartment gate-
A mid aged woman: Hey Nischa, dear, are you returning from office
Nischay: Yes Mam
Woman: And so are you doing well?
Nischay: Yes, we're doing fine..
Woman: Dear, if you don't mind can I ask you something?
Nischay: Umm... Okay
Woman: See, you're a really smart and good looking boy, also you can earn on your own. For you, there are a lot of choices . Could you not find any girl from our religion? What's so special about her?
Nischay: Firstly, that's none of your business. Secondly, I am not interested in answering such stupid questions so please stay away .

He walks away from there but you happened to overhear this conversation as u were returning from office.

On reaching home, you lock yourself in your room. You were completely shattered, fed up of all these questions and ruckus things coming in life . What concerned you more was, Nischay had to bear all this apprehensions for you . You felt like a burden to him . After thinking for a long time you make a harsh decision.
You come out of your room shouting Nischay's name.
Nischay: What happened, Y/n?
Y/n: "What happened?" Ask yourself
Nischay: I can't understand, why suddenly you sound so rude?
Y/n: I don't sound rude . I am just being clear. If you don't like me being here, why did ask me to?
Nischay: When did I just say that? See Y/n.. you must be having some misunderstanding
Y/n: Yes,I misunderstood you . I am just done with this . I don't wanna stay here
Nischay: Why you're behaving this way? What did I do? I can't understand what's wrong!
Y/n: Ohh Please, stop pretending, okay!
Nischay: I can't get why you're being like this. Can you please speak clearly what do you mean?
Y/n: You know what, enough of it . I don't even wanna waste a minute here.
Nischay: What'll you do?
Y/n: I am leaving from here. I am fed up all your drama
Nischay: Out of your mind or senses? Or Did you just drink alcohol?
Y/n: Seriously! I am done with this . Keep your PJs and boring punch lines with you . Bye!

You pack your bags, leave from there, Nischay first thought that you're playing some prank but on realising what really happened, he rushed after you but was too late to realise, for you had already reached the station.

Y/n's POV: I have taken this big decision to leave his life . Ever since we met we have faced hardships. Be it by the randoms, our own friends or even parents . The taunts, the queries, the scoffs, everything just giving pains . But for what? Just because we belong to different religions? Ain't we the same in nature, in likes and dislikes, don't we have the same red blood, flesh? Are we not the same humans? I am done with it, and I don't my love to witness these problems coz of me . I will leave this city and move elsewhere. He might feel lonely, but his life without me would still be better than this. Hope you'll feel better after this, Nischay. Good bye.

Meanwhile Nischay goes out searching for you in all possible places.
Nischay's POV: There's surely something wrong, lest why should she act so insensitively suddenly. It's not a mood swing. Did she plan to leave all this because of the problems? I hope it's not so. This girl! Oh heavens, why on this Earth did I have to fall for this idiot only? But what has happened is happened. Now firstly I have to find this annoying girl.

You were waiting for the train to arrive, when you felt someone's hand on your shoulder.
While looking back, you got a mini attack as you heard "You mad girl, Do you have brain? What do you think of yourself!"
Y/n: you just gave me a heart attack..
Nischay: Shut up! Don't say a word . Get back with right now.
Y/n: No, my train's about to arrive . See ya!
Nischay: Not a word! Just come along
Y/n: I A M Not!
Nischay: Why?
Y/n: Because... Because I am just done with this thing. I can't stay liek this anymore. I don't have the strength to bear it .
Nischay: What? Are you the same Y/n I know? You fought with your dad right?
Y/n: Yes I fought, but I can't fight with this society. I just can't . Nor do I want you to do so.
Nischay: Y/n, you know what? You're the best person I have ever met. If not you, who could have made me laugh when I was upset? Who would have set my place, when I had messed everything? If you really wanna go, then you can go. But if it's the so called society pressurising you, then just don't go . Who do you think the society is? Will it make you smile when you're crying? Will it give solutions, to your problem. It will praise you when you're strong but not strengthen you when weak. Just stop giving up your happiness for this pathetic society . You're a quiet tigress, but when you'll roar, the whole world will be shut . Know your worth . No freakin' person can undermine it.
Y/n: *with teary eyes*I- have no words. But why are you being so kind to me, Nischay?
Nischay: Do I need to say that from my mouth? Couldn't the eyes tell it?
Y/n: Is it-
Nischay: *Hugs you* Yes, I love you Y/n, love you till the end of my life. No matter what family background, religion, class you belong to, how you look, I love you for whatever you are. And will always do so.
Y/n: I love you too... More than anything. I can't express how grateful I feel at this moment .
Nischay: Okay, that's enough of being senti, now come lets go back home
Y/n: But
Nischay: Come quietly, else I'll drag you, and take home!
Y/n: Okay sir, as your wish. I forfeit, finally!

You both walk back home, hand in each other's hand, smiling and looking at the starry night sky. With hopes and aspirations to begin this new journey of love.