1.

- please remember, this is my first ff and also my first one in English, so be kind, not only with me, also with everyone here. like destiny would say, excuse my French, or well, my English XD. ( especially for my grammar.)
it is pure fiction, based on the contest 2021. I guess, Damiano actually has a girlfriend, so with this story i just wanna try to avoid post Eurovision depression haha. i guess this will not be a long story and I hope i can update regularly and finish the story. Please let me know if you like it. anyway, have fun. rock'n'roll never dies! -

May meant Eurovision and it was Monday, the 3rd of May 2021.
Damiano couldn't belive this was finally happening. They waited for such a long time but after the last months full of interviews, rehearsals, working on the staging and the song, they were finally going to perform ZITTI E BUONI at Ahoy. How crazy was that?
While driving through the beautiful city of Rotterdam, Damiano couldn't stop looking at these cute houses, the modern harbour and everything they passed. This had to be a dream, he thought. A dream come true.
It felt like yesterday, when måneskin won Sanremo and were chosen to represent their wonderful home country. But now... Damiano closed his eyes for a second, trying to realize this fact once again. And once again he failed. It was too crazy to understand what was going on.

"Do you see all these cute little boats there?" Victoria screamed in excitement. "Everything is so pretty here! Maybe I'll move to the Netherlands when we're not going to win."
Ethan laughed by hearing that. "Well you know what the Eurovision odds say at the moment right? We're on third place, right after these French songs. Everything can change."
This was another fact Damiano couldn't believe. Don't get him wrong, he loved their song and especially he loved the band but he also knew that ZITTI E BUONI wasn't something made for everyone. It was a special genre and he didn't know how the Eurovision fans would react to it. In the history of the contest rock played a role but not the leading one.

"Stop saying that, E. I hate it when people reduce us on our place in the odds. Everything can change as you said and it's not our main goal to win the competition. We want to enjoy the time. I thought we agreed about that." Thomas mumbled while looking out of the window, he was definitely annoyed by the conversation.
And he was right, Damiano thought. After winning Sanremo, they had a long discussion that they didn't want to be changed by the success. They were still måneskin, the band formed back in high school. Also they knew each other way too long to throw away their friendship by becoming so popular.

Damiano smiled when he looked at the blonde guy. He was always the one, Damiano was the closest with. Victoria was like a sister, they shard so many moments and Ethan was just Ethan. But Thomas was special. He was cute and shy and he was the most anxious about loosing this friendship. Beside that he was also the youngest, turned 20 at the beginning of the year.

D wanted to protect him since he knew that Thomas was a fragile soul, only becoming confident by holding his guitar and playing music. He always tried to find compromises when the band had discussions about something, he was kind of the glue in the group. 'I like him way too much' D thought. And it wasn't the first time for him having these thoughts. A few months ago, he became clear about the fact that he was in love with him.

Therefore going to Eurovision was a dream come true, but also a difficulty for Damiano since he tried to hide his feelings. He was scared måneskin couldn't be together anymore when the others find out that he fell in love with a member. Hiding feelings were not easy since they were spending almost every day with each other to get ready for the contest. 'I have to tell him. After the grand final. So I just have to survive the next two weeks' D thought while looking at Thomas's back.

Finally they arrived at the hotel. Damiano was happy that he didn't have to share a small car with his crush any longer, didn't remember they still had to talk about who was going to share a room with each other...