From Behind The Camera

'How the hell did this happen again?' I thought for the millionth time. I smiled giddily to my best friend beside me in the plane seat.

"Can you believe this is actually happening?" Sadie exclaimed.

"My thoughts exactly!" I said.

Ok, time out. Let me fill you in. Sadie and I just graduated high school (yay!) and as a graduation present, our parents came together and bought us plane tickets to LA.  They also booked one of the fanciest hotels for a week's stay, transport to and from the airport, and the best part? Mosh pit One Direction tickets. It's like our parents were saving up all this money since the day were born! Anyhoo, my name's Kyle Thompson; yes I'm a girl, I don't know what my parents were thinking to call me that. I have pin straight light brown hair, naturally tanned skin and bright blue eyes. I'm pretty tall, many girls say they envy  my height but it makes me feel awkward at times. I personally don't think I'm unattractive, just not someone people look at twice.

Sadie Wallington on the other hand, her beautifully wavy hair and mysterious grey eyes make people know that she can probably get any guy she wants but she's still smarter than you. She's about 2 inches shorter than me and has slightly pale skin. She's the best friend ever and I could never be able to live without her. And basically now we were on the plane ride to LA for our dreams to come true! Ok, time in!

I pulled out my iPhone and put my earbuds in. I had to calm my nerves, the concert was in 2 days, I would have to survive the anticipation some how, and music was one of the best cures. One Direction's Over Again started playing and I nestled myself into my seat as I slowly drifted off into sleep. Yep, this was going to be a good trip.

!!!!TIME LAPS!!!!

Our plane landed and we walked off with wide smiles plastered on our faces. We got to the luggage pick-up and suddenly, all the lights turned off. Now, it being around noon in LA, the airport didn't get too dark. But just then, the lights turned back on before you could say 'blackout'. The conveyer belt continued and more luggage came.

"Sketchy." Sadie muttered towards me. I snorted and grabbed our appearing bags.

We walked out and saw a man carrying a sign with our names on it. We smiled at each other and approached the man. He didn't say anything, he just gave us a curt nod and left towards the road outside expecting us to follow him.

We stopped dead when we saw our ride. The chauffeur took our bags and placed them in the back of the limo. That's right. Limo. The chauffeur than opened up the passenger door and waited for us to get in.

Did I mention limo? We still didn't move until I woke up from my stupor, grabbed Sadie's wrist and basically ran inside. The chauffeur closed the door, got in the driver seat and started to drive to our hotel.

"Is it just me," Sadie started. "or did our parents have a little too much money to spend?" I laughed and nodded, still shocked by how far our parents went to make this an experience we'd never forget. I quickly fished out my camera and snapped shots of everything I could see. I'm kinda a photographic nerd. I AM going to university for photography for a reason.

We felt like we were on top of the world, I mean, the limo had a freaking mini fridge in it! That's got to count for something! "Oh, these pictures are definitely going on instagram..." I muttered as my face was still pressed against the camera. I heard Sadie laugh as she popped open a soda can from the mini fridge.

I felt the limo slow down and come to a stop, then I heard Sadie choke and I looked at her quizzically, watching the coke drip from her mouth. Gross, I know.

"Ky..." Sadie muttered as she pointed to something outside her window. I basically crawled over her and gawked at the view. In front of us was the LA Marriott. We new it was going to be fancy, but not THIS fancy! The architecture was modern and beautiful with huge windows on each floor. The limo was currently parked in the quick drive thru area where two bell hops and the chauffeur unpacked our bags from the trunk onto the trolley. There was a red carpet leading from our door to the hotel front revolving ones.

"Wow." I mumbled.

"Ky, we're not in Kansas anymore."

I chuckled "We never were in Kansas silly!"

She just growled. "You know what I meant!"

"Someone needs a nap!" I said jokingly in a baby voice, wagging my finger at her. She just tried to bite it.

We stepped foot into the hotel and we were wafted by the scent of...fancy hotel. Does that make sense? Is that even a scent? Whatever, but there was a giant vase of many varieties of flowers right in front of us, a beautiful lounge to our right with gold painted furniture with red cushions. To our left was the front desk and behind the giant vase in front of us were multiple elevators on each side.

I sighed. Yep. This was going to be a good trip...