Chapter 1 ~ Someone From The Past

I entered the hospital in my usual white coat, went over to my office, to see my assistant waiting for me with a smile like she always does. I sat on my black leather chair, then asked her "what do we have today?" With a grin. "9:30 Dr. Hudson wants to meet you, 11:45 app-" "wait! Dr. Hudson wants to meet me at 9:30? I look at the watch and say "SHIT! I'm 5 minutes late!!" I jump out of my chair, bump onto my rather petit assistant Stacy, and start running towards the elevator with my dark locks flying behind me. His office was on the top floor, and when he wants to meet someone, it's normally a 'really' good news or a 'really bad news. I entered the big ass elevator to see some of the other doctors, Dr. Luke and Dr. Norris leaning against the elevator walls. But ever so suddenly, their eyes started turning red, their dark hair turned white, and within no time their nails started growing 2 meters per second. They glided towards me, their mouths open, bloody with sharp fangs. I was shocked and sweating like hell. Dr. Norris was about to put her yellow sharp fangs in my neck when suddenly.

"AAAHHHH!"

I woke up with a start.

I checked the time to see it was 8:45am. Wait, that means I'm late for university! OH MY GOD! Why am I always late? I rush into the bathroom to quickly brush my teeth and wash my tired face, dried it. Then as quick as I could, I undressed and dressed my self, grabbed my bag, and headed downstairs, not caring to actually comb my hair, well they were naturally straight. Hehe.

After reaching the kitchen, I realised no one was there. Usually my roommate Sarah cooks breakfast and stores some for me if I'm "really" late. I looked around the kitchen to see nothing whatsoever.

"Woke up early?" I heard a voice say in between their yawns. I turned around to see it was Sarah in her fluffy pink pyjamas and her piercing red hair all over her face. She just woke up, and was walking towards me slowly, scratching her head. Then she rubbed her eyes and looked at me head to toe with confusion. "Why are you dressed up?" She asked me. I just looked at her like she's an utterly mad person. "Um.. University DUH!" I said. Then she looked at me, and started laughing. Why was she acting so stupid today? Gosh.

"Zoya! Today's Saturday! Dumbo! Remember, no university till 12th Jan?" She said trying to make me remember.

"Today's the 28th?" I asked her with confusion lingering in my voice. "Duh!" She said and sitting down at the round glass top dining table. "Now go make me food" she ordered, well because every Saturday I make breakfast. "But Sarah! No! If its the 28th then my cousin is coming to visit me from India! Remember?" I intently asked her. "Oh yeahhh!" She said while jumping from the chair with wide eyes. "Where is she gonna stay?" She asked me. "Uhh.. In the guest room, I guess." Then calculating the time, I had to be at the airport within two and a half hours. Quickly, after cooking Sarah and myself some edible breakfast, I went down to check the the state of the guest room. Messy? Clean? Or at least normal? Surprising myself when I enter the sparkly clean room, I smile, and quickly check the closets to make sure if everything was clean inside and out. My cousin sister is a weird cleanliness freak, and if she even saw a a speck of dirt, she would scream. Checking my watch, saw I only had one and half hours left. I rushed to my room and changed into some decent clothes, as I was meeting my cousin after two whole years. After caring to apply some make up and comb my hair, I dashed down the stairs to see Sarah ready to go. I grabbed my cars keys and headed to my purple 2013 Volks Wagon Beetle. I know what you all think right now. Purple VW? Wow how did she get that? Well, my family is pretty rich, they got me a custom made for my 19th birthday, when they realised I need a car really badly. And anyway, purple is my favourite colour, so that makes sense right?

After settling in the car, I roar my engine to life, and headed towards the airport. Her flight was landing at 11:45, and we would be in an estimated 30 minutes probably, that's 15 minutes earlier.. I guess me and Sarah could just hang out.