prologue

0.5

    EREN JAEGER. A POPULAR NAME around the neighborhood. his father, grisha was a well known doctor for containing a sickly disease some years ago. the jaegers were loaded, so his mother stayed home; cooking and cleaning the house for the lovable boys she lived with. they were a welcoming family with a humble home.

    y/n l/n; an 8 year old that is best friends with eren. his other childhood friends, armin and mikasa regularly grace the duo with their presence. the 4 often play at a nearby park. giggling and smiling under the sunshine, playing pretend and enjoying the easy time of life.

armin is a sweet boy. soft spoken, and extremely intelligent. his blonde locks cover his bright blue eyes. mikasa is a swell little girl. always the peacemaker and relishes the warmth of her friends. black hair runs down her back and a bright grin never leaves her glowing skin.

    "y/n! come on, let's go in the sand pit!" armin cheered and grabbed your tiny hand. he wore a bright sky blue t-shirt and grey striped shorts, complimented by white sneakers. the little boy dragged you to the sandbox and plopped down once you arrived. you two began to organize the grains of sand under you to prepare for the fun shapes and building you would cultivate. mikasa and eren, plus a couple other kids played tag on the playground, but the sandbox-duo wasn't very athletic so you preferred to stay and do your own thing.

    "what kind of bucket should we use?" you questioned, looking at the many different colored buckets surrounding us. you both pondered before you decided on an average looking purple one. you began to construct with the slightly damp sand creating many structures and giggling. soon, eren had came over to sit in the sand; gracing you two with his presence.

    "this one looks cool! let me guess, y/n picked out the bucket." he chuckled. his bright smile lit up your small heart. you had a large school-kid crush, and it was very easy to sense it.

    "no! we both picked it." you retorted. your h/c locks whipped around your face as you turned to face away from his blinding smile.

    "mhm, sureee." he smirked. the blonde sat awkwardly, staring at the sand thinking of how to ease the awkwardness he had felt around the two. you look around to change the topic and landed on the snowman looking figure standing next to the small circle of the pairs sand kingdom.

    "it's true! and armin made the little sandman." you smiled and pointed to the tiny figure armin made as a "guard" at the gate of the sandcastle.

    "that's cute. anyways, i'm going back to playing tag!" eren exclaimed and stood up to wipe the sand off of his tiny tan shorts, adorned with a cute light brown button up with beige khaki shorts, paired with long grey socks and little white sneakers. before you knew it, his hand was patting your head. "make the best sandcastle ever." and with that he left to play tag.

    "do you like him?" armin peeped out of no where.

.

    "oi, y/n!" your english professor, levi had yelled your name across the large lecture hall. you perked your head to meet his steel grey eyes. you had grown accustomed to the glares he sent and the eyes that followed his words. he liked to embarrass you and you not giving a reaction made him do it even more. reverse psychology on reverse psychology. "stop drooling and write notes instead."

    "yes sir." you replied sassily, and began to color the page in inked writing about the lesson he was teaching.

★☆★