ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅꜱ ɪɴᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴠᴇʀꜱ | ᴡᴀɴᴅᴀ ᴍᴀxɪᴍᴏꜰꜰ

We're friends, that's what we've always been. But I've always had this feeling, this warmth overwhelming my heart each time she's around. She feels like home. Lately things have been weird between us and I don't really know why. Maybe it's because of that microwave toaster dude who's been getting in the way... He likes her. I see it in the way he looks at her and I don't like it at all.

"What are you thinking about?" Wanda asked as she sat down next to me.

"Nothing" I shrugged trying to avoid that conversation. I couldn't tell her. Our friendship was the only real thing I had; I couldn't risk it.

"I might not be able to read your mind but I know when something is bothering you sweetheart" she said with her raspy voice and her beautiful Sokovian accent. Luckily, she can't read my mind. We never quite figured out why but she can't. It never happened with anyone else.

"Wands I just told you nothing's bothering me. I'm fine" I spoke but I didn't want it to sound that way, I didn't want to sound that upset.

"I'm sorry, I guess I missed the part where we started lying and hiding things from each other" she sarcastically chuckled.

"Wanda..." I whispered not knowing what to say.

"Have I done something wrong? Or said something I shouldn't have said?" she started worrying. It made me sick to watch her do that to herself.

"You did nothing wrong it's just that I-"

"You're not going to go with "it's not you it's me"?" she cut me off and now she was the one sounding deeply upset.

"You know what? Never mind. I got to go" I said as I stood up and walked to the door. I stopped for a second, I could feel Wanda's pain. I didn't mean to hurt her; this is the last thing I wanted to do... I ran to my room as I felt tears rolling on my cheeks. I sat on my bed and put my face in my hands.

"You two are making me sick" Natasha mumbled, standing in the door frame.

"Excuse me? What?" I asked, raising my head to look at her.

"You two are so stupid. You've been in love of her since the beginning and-"

"Oh, I'm sorry Miss "love is for children" is going to give me relationship advice?" I mocked her and for a split second I saw actual pain on her face. "I'm sorry Natasha I didn't mean..."

Before I could finish my sentence we heard Jarvis through the speakers "Every member of the team should join the meeting room in the next five minutes. This is quite an emergency". We all went downstairs; my eyes were still red and I needed to hide it so I sat in the back of the room. Tony made a whole speech explaining us the mission and ended it with "Y/n, you'll not come with us".

"What? Just because I got shot once doesn't mean you have the right or duty, call it whatever you want, to lock me up in my room!" I retorted.

"I, in fact, have every right to do that. I'm only doing it to protect you" he simply said.

"I only got shot to save Natasha's as-"

"I do not care, you're staying here" he cut me off and went back to his previous explanations to make sure everyone was okay with the plan.

I heard them leave a few minutes after that and the compound suddenly became very quiet. I was so mad I started walking everywhere just looking for something, anything, to do. I needed to stop my brain from spinning. Wanda would usually help me with that but now she's mad at me. She's mad because I'm lying to her which I thought was the right thing to do but now I'm not so sure anymore. I can't lose her, that's the only thing I know for sure.