A sneak peek

01:48 am May 24th

"Kapri... What really happen between you and that nigga?"

I turned around to look at him with confusion etched on my face. "Jaison what are you talking about?"

"I just want to know what happened with you and Aaron." He asked looking into my eyes, but I could tell they were elsewhere.

"You seriously want to discuss something from 2 years ago after I just made us dinner and we were having a great week?"

"Just ease my mind. That's all I am asking you." He mumbled.

"I am not doing this with you right now Jai. I cannot."

"The fuck you mean? A nigga simply ask you to ease his mind and you blow that shit off."

"I am not blowing nothing off, I just know how you get." I said turning my back to lay down.

Many of you may be confused, but my name is Kapri. Jaison is my boyfriend of 3 years. We met in high school. I was 16 and he was freshly 17. We began long distance after I got accepted into an HBCU out of state causing me to move. I come to visit him for two weeks every other month and this month was our anniversary so why not.

I could give a lot of reasons on why not, but I'll let you read along.

"Kapri can you just ease my mind?"

"Fine Jaison what's up?"

"You know my question. What happened a year and a half ago with you and Aaron the stairs?"

"Nothing we were having a basic conversation."

"So why were you texting him telling him I wanted to see the messages?"

"I truly do not remember something that happened 2 years ago."

"No you remember so speak."

"I don't."

"You still protecting this nigga. He wore beat up busted ass shoes, he had bebes in his hair, and wore the same shit. You really dated him?"

"Okay." I said dismissing the subject. Jaison the type you don't want to argue with. He will go lower and lower, until he reaches the depths of hell. Don't get me wrong I have done shit that probably has brought the ugly out of him more ugly than good, but I picked my battles wisely with him. This was a battle I was picking wisely.

"Just tell me what happened! Your nigga need you and you dead ass ignoring me. Blowing me off." He raised his voice.

"Why do you care? We were broken up at the time."

"So answer me! Did y'all text to meet up?"

"Maybe. I don't really recall." I said feeling uncomfortable.

"You remember. This why I be disgusted with you. Then you be wanting to cry when a nigga say he not in love with your dumb ass like that no more."

I sat there feeling down. This was daily things he threw at me when he was mad. I thought back on the back to the best of my ability.

"Aaron I shouldn't be meeting up with you." I said looking around paranoid. Jaison had eyes all around the school.

"That nigga broke up with you remember?" He asked trying to get close to me as I backed up.

Young dumb me running to my abusive ass ex, but he was the closest thing to comfort. I needed to vent and feel comfortable. My nigga should've been my comfort zone, but he wasn't'.

"Give me a kiss." Aaron said while we were standing at the top of the stairs.

"No move." I tried pushing him away which caused him to grab me by my wrist a little to tightly and pull me to him.

"We gone get back together?"

"NO! Let me go! This why I left in the first place you always grabbing me like you have no sense.

"I'm sorry. Okay?"

"You sit over there, put distance between us."

We began to have a basic casual conversation, before Jaison cousin Charles walked past going underneath the stairs with some girl.