Chapter 1

There are tons of paperwork scattered around her desk. Risa sighed as she took a sip from her favorite black coffee. It's the usual scenario for her.

An ordinary monotone day that will end the same way as yesterday. Or so she thought.

She was caught in shock as her father came barging inside her office with the widest grin she has ever seen. It sends shivers down her spine. 'What could it mean?'

Risa hurriedly stood up and quickly bowed to show respect.

As she looked up. Her father's expression remains the same. It somehow frightened her cause she couldn't recall the last time he beamed like this. They never really had a father and daughter bond. Never talk to each other not unless it's business. And Risa preferred it that way. 'Just like an employee.'

Seconds passed and the older Watanabe is still just standing with a smile. 'Did he finally lose it?' 'Perhaps he bumped his head?' she wonders.

Beating around the bush she asked "What can I help you with Mr. Watanabe?" she tried her best not to give a hint of her impatience. Cause the last thing she'll want right now is her angry father. It would be a bothersome cause of his toxic patriarchy lectures that last for hours.

"Addressing your father as 'Mr. Watanabe' is quite too formal don't you think?" It wasn't the patriarch that spoke. But a man with a playful grin entering the room.

"Risa this is Mr. Shida Akio." her father uttered patting the other man's shoulder.

She offered a polite smile as she nods at Mr. Shida.

"Silent like you eh?" Mr. Shida remarked as Mr. Watanabe laughed lightly "She sure is." he commented

Risa cringed. Hearing that someone resembled her to her father. 'I would never take that as a compliment.'

As Mr. Shida notice her awkward glares he flashed her a soft smile.

"You're probably wondering what two old men are doing here?" he accommodatingly asked.

Of course, she nods. 'Obvi'

"Let's take a seat and talk shall we?"

-

'This is an absolute madness'

'An outright holocaust'

'I haven't yet finished the summer collection project. And not to mention there are a bunch of paper works on my plate. Then here they are, just dropping the bomb. That I'm getting married within 4 months

'With Mr. Shida's child. Whom FYI I've never heard nor seen before' 'Well that explains why My Father's acting weird.'

'The hell's with them?'

"With all due respect Sir but you're most probably kidding right?" 'This must be a joke' 'Mr. Shida seems like a joker' 'He must be playing around' 'But my Father though?' 'No. This needs to be a play.'

Both men laughed at her statement. Exchanging silly stares with each other. 'I knew it!' Risa sighed in relief. Mr. Shida must've been a really good friend to her father to have him join this prank.

"My lass it isn't a joke." said the older Shida with his fixed joyful grin.

'Eh?' She froze. Mouth wide open. As her mind went blank caused the thought of getting married wouldn't sink into her (She doesn't want it to sink in). 

"It's good for the business Risa." Her father started. She kept her mum. 'It's always for the business.'

"And besides I think you'll like her. She's a proper lady after all." Her father stated with a persuading smirk.