I Froze

Intro~

It was sixth grade. You know, the year where you start having feelings for another, where your body goes through "changes" and you start feeling different?

Yeah, I don't feel any different than I did in fifth grade, or fourth. Maybe except that I was taller...

This year was when my first crush blossomed. It didn't just blossom, it overtook my body into a forest of feelings of hate and jealousy and love.

Sean. Ohh Sean.. Sean Stevens was a tall blonde in Mrs. Fally's sixth grade class, along with the dorky girl with glasses and fat on every square inch if her body.

Oh wait, that girl is me; Ally Devereux.

I've never been the "pretty" friend. I've always been the "funny one" or the "loud one" or the "crazy one". I get those types of nicknames a lot. I mean, hey! Being outgoing isn't a crime. It isn't bad. Most people would DIE to have the courage I have. But you see, I'm not perfect.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Chapter One~

"Ally! Walk the dog! He's been lying around for the past week." My mother, Claudia, shouted from the neighboring couch. "I need a walk too." I muttered, looking at my stomach as I strapped up my unintelligent and spazzy golden retriever. "Come Ollie! Come doggie!" I called to Oliver, my dog, as his claws made him slip and slide on the hard tile. "Should I get the mail too?" I hollered back. I heard a faint 'Yes!' along with feet walking up the wooden stairs. "I'm guessing that's a yes?" I asked Oliver as we trotted out the door.

The mailbox isn't outside my house, but just around the corner of my cul-de-sac. Of course, Ollie thinks that he is the police dog of the neighborhood and that he needs to smell every single thing he sees. Doing this, makes the walk ten times longer. I groan as I tug the leash. Soon, I'm not walking Oliver, but he's walking me! He drags me across the cold, hard pavement that was recently rained on last December night. Surprisingly, he stops right in front of the mailbox, anticipating its contents. "Damn Ollie! You were excited." I chuckle while fiddling with the keys. It unlocks. I find many letters addressed to, "Claudia Devereux: 6676 E. Juniper Ave, Scottsdale, AZ 85834" or addressed to my father, Raymond Devereux. I see a pink and purple letter addressed to me. "Who would want to write to me?" I whispered as my breath drifted towards the early morning fog, blending in. I wish I could "blend in" just like my breath did.

Fit in.

Be pretty.

I slammed the front door shut and rushed to my kitchen table. I ripped open the letter and it said, "Hey Ally! It's Adrianna Stefini! I'm having my b-day party at the local train station, Farmount North, and I want you to come. Dinner consists of pizza and other snacks will be served for you. I REALLY want you to come so please RSVP @ 602-444-3237"

I was shocked.

I re-read it several times before Adrianna's words sunk in. I mean, I haven't talked to Adrianna since 5th grade. We were best friends, along with another girl named Jean Pug.

Jean Pug

One of the prettiest girls at North Ranch Elementary. She had naturally olive skin, dirty blonde hair, and has always been extremely thin. On top of everything else she was in all honors classes and had A+'s all over her report card. Every guy had a crush on her including, you guessed it! Sean Stevens.

Which started making me think about Adrianna's party some more. I looked down on the invitation and saw it say, "Party date is on Saturday, December 21 from 5-8pm at Farmout North Train Station." That was in five weeks. and I had no idea what I was going to wear! "Fuck.." I whispered. What if Sean asked out Jean at the party?