Chapter 1: Job Searching

Ringg! My favorite sound. "This will be on the exam!" Not my favorite sound. I grab my books and then head back to my dorm, since that was my last class of the day. I soon have to go to practice, but I have some time to spare. When I get to my dorm room, my roommate, Hannah, is already there, since her last class, music, is closer on campus to our dorm. I grab the newspaper from the floor in front of the mail slot in the door and sit down at the table, with a red marker in my hand. My eyes search over every single job, but either the payment, hours, or job in general roll me out. As I skim through the paper, Hannah gets out of her bed (and off her phone) and walks over to me. "Still looking for jobs?" "Yes. I am running out of money and my parents aren't sending me monthly money anymore." I groan. "Like you need monthly money. It was seriously $20 a month." "But it made a tiny difference." "Whatever. You have to get to gymnastics." I look at my watch and see that it is 4:13. "Practice doesn't start until 5, I have some time." It is silent for a good matter of minutes while Hannah looks at her phone and is most likely scrolling through Instagram, and I flip the many job pages of the newspaper.

"Hey, what about this one? Do you remember ever going to a place called Freddy Fazbear's Pizza as a kid?" I asked Hannah. "Never went there. Never heard of it." She says, with her eyes glued to her phone. "Well I would always go there as a kid. It might be fun to work there!" A quiet whoosh is heard as I circle the job in red. "120 a week. That might help." I say, and Hannah finally takes her eyes away from Instagram to look over my shoulder. "That's nice. But you really wanna work from 12-6 with creepy animatronic animals? Classes start at 7:45." I roll my eyes and look at her. "I don't see any other functioning options." I take out my phone and dial the number. 1-800-FAZBEAR. It rings twice before I hear a voice on the other end.

"Hello! Thank you for calling Freddy Fazbear's Pizza! My name is Heather. What would you like today?" A cheery female voice says through the phone. "Um, hello. Can I speak to the manager? I'm interested in a job here." "Oh! I'll get you speaking to Mr. Bear in just a minute." I can hear Heather put down the phone and through the line i can hear a cheerful song, most likely being sung by an animatronic. Not much later, the phone is picked up again and I hear a male's voice. "Hello, this is the manager, Fredrick Bear! Heather told me you are interested in a job?" "Yes, actually. My name is Gianna Williams, and I'm interested in the night shift from 12 to 6. I saw an add in the paper." "Whew, I'm glad some people still look through the paper." He breathed before continuing. "No interviews are required, just show up at 11 tonight to sign some papers, and you start at 12!" I decided that sounded good enough, and I'd just have to clear my leaving with my teachers and the "big bosses" of the campus. But otherwise, I was set. Tonight, I work my first night at Freddy's.