★ | 004. pit of nightmares

Book: Burn It Down, House Of Wax
Chapter 4: Pit Of Nightmares
Word Count: 2080

Book: Burn It Down, House Of WaxChapter 4: Pit Of NightmaresWord Count: 2080

Jacob grumpily moved his tent gear into the back of Blake's truck. He was tired and he didn't appreciate being woken up by having a shoe thrown at his tent and Blake screaming his lungs out. None of them had woken up on time so now Blake was freaking out, wanting to get going as soon as possible so they weren't late for the game. He was being very demanding and Jacob was this close to decking the guy just to shut him up.

"Dude, have you seen my camera anywhere?" Dalton asked and Jacob simply shook his head.

"Not since you were shoving it in all our faces last night." He grumbled. Dalton frowned and moved on to ask the others the same question but received close to the same response. His camera seemed to be gone.

"I don't give a shit about your camera." Nick said as he walked past Dalton, also in a bad mood because of how tired he was. He put the last of the chairs in the back of the truck, the camp sight being pretty much cleared out now. Nick jumped up and sat in the back of the truck, grabbing Jacob to pull him closer so his chest was on his back and he could rest his head on the back of his shoulder and close his eyes.

Wade got into his car and tried to start it up only for the engine to rumble and crack. "What the hell." He mumbled, getting back out of the car and walking to the front of his car. He lifted the bonnet and him and Blake took a look underneath. "No way."

Since Jacob was pretty good with cars himself, he untangled himself from Nick's arms and walked over to the hood, getting a good look. He saw the problem immediately and leaned down to grab it. He pulled the fan belt from the car, letting Wade get a look at what it was. "You're screwed. We're not going anywhere while this is broken."

"Are you serious? It was brand new!" Wade snatched it from his hands in anger before throwing it harshly to the ground. "Someone's fucking with me." It didn't help that Nick and Dalton were laughing about the situation.

But before Wade could get any angrier with the situation, Carly and Paige's screams filled the air. The pair had gone into the woods to go to the toilet before they all left.

"Carly!" Wade yelled after her and sprinted towards the woods. All the other boys followed after and the closer they got to the screams, the more that horrid smell from the night before came back wafting into their noses.

Jacob brought a hand to cover his mouth as he gagged when he saw the situation Carly hadn't gotten herself in. She must have slipped down the hill and now she was arms deep into a pit of dead and mangled animals. Some were still fresh to so there was all blood and guts covering her arms, her face only inches away from the disgusting sight.

"I can't get out! Help me!" She screamed again as she struggled to move herself, the more she struggled the more she fell into the pit.

Jacob stayed on top of the hill with Blake and Dalton as Nick and Wade rushed down to get her, being careful not to trip over themselves. Wade wrapped her arm around his shoulder and pulled her up from the pit, her back landing on the grass as she breathed heavily.