Prologue

"Dad!" Boots ran out to get his father, the light yellow tom ran as fast as he could to get to Hawk, His blue bandana flowing in the wind. "Dad" He panted "Mom gave birth!" Boots told Hawk. Hawk smiled. The black tom picked up his son and ran to find his mate. They were all rouges, in hiding from WindClan. You see, Hawk was from WindClan, and he left so now they are after them. When they got to the cave they were staying in, Hawk put Boots down. They both walked inside to see Mouse, Cat and Gold helping Dragon. Mouse was Boots' younger brother. He was a gray tom who always had a chewed up mouse toy we stole from the Two'legs. Cat was Boots' aunt. His mother's sister. She was a calico cat. Then Gold. Gold is Dragon and Cat's brother. He is a light brown tabby cat. Gold looked at Hawk and Boots.

"It's a girl." He smiled. Dragon lifted her head to look at them, she smiled. Dragon is a brown she-cat with black and white splotches over her body. She blinked with her deep blue eyes then smiled.

"Boots, come meet your sister." She said softly. Boots flicked gap dark brown ear and walked over to her. He looked at his new sister, she had light yellow fur, just like him! Except Boots had dark brown stripes on his tail, and on his face. She was just pure light yellow. He smiled. Hawk walked up to see his new daughter. He smiled and then frowned.

"Her fur... it's very thin..." he said looking at Cat, who should have said something.

"Hawk... I didn't see-" he cut Car off

"YOU SHOULD HAVE BEEN LOOKING!" He snapped, Mouse ran behind Dragon to hide from his raging father. Hawk raised his paw and slashed down. Right on his own daughter. "There."

"HAWK!" Dragon cried. The kit was ok, he didn't seem to have good aim. He missed. In rage Gold pounced on Hawk. He looked at his sister for confirmation, Dragon nodded.

"Leave.." Gold hissed lowly. Hawk laughed and looked at Mouse

"Mouse, your useless too." Then he looked at Boots and pushed Gold off. "Boots, your the only kit I have that is worth something, come with me. We can go to WindClan, you don't need them." Boots thought for a second then shook his head.

"No, I'm staying with the kit.." he said standing in front of her.

"Fine, I'll go back to seek retaliation." Hawk said and walked out, with no emotion. Boots turned to his sister. He new it was his job to protect her.