Ivory.

Winter in Kerville. Best thing ever. 

I woke up early just to enjoy the start of winter, it didn't snow yet but the cold is settling easily and I'm too excited, I feel like I could jump trough the roof.

If you are wondering why I'm acting like this about winter, well, the answer is... I have no clue. I just love everything about it. From the cold to the christmas decorations, snow, hot cocoa, and everything else that comes with it. 

Christmas in my town is the most magical time. My friends and I always celebrate it togheter. 

We usually go every night at our favorite caffe, Viktor's caffe. We stay there laughing until late at night when Viktor kicks us out.

I used to hang out there with my ex-boyfriend who abandoned and broke up with me trough his sister. Such a coward, I could never forgive him. 

Good thing I will never see him again. He went in the army 3 years ago, finished it in 2, but moved in California with his aunt. I guess he really hated it here, despite the fact that he always talked about how he loves our small town... and how he loves me. All lies! Ughhh I hate him so much. He was my first and only boyfriend... He was my first kiss, my first... my first time. And he threw it all away. But I don't care, I'll get over it eventually. 

I'm getting ready to meet with Marzia and Jo, short from Joseph, my best friends. Today's the last day of high school before winter break. Then, next year we are gonna graduate. I'm already 18 and I don't know what to do yet, I want to pursue a career in writing and go to college, but I don't want to leave my parents, especially since my mother is sick.

- Ivooory, today's our last daaay. I'm so excited, I hate school so much.

- Calm down Marzia, we only get 4 weeks free.

- Ugh, I couldn't calm her, you try it now.

- Jo, I missed youu. Is everything good between you two my lovely lovey doveys?

- Why are you so cringe Vivi?...

- SHUT UP you two! Let's go to school already.

We arrived at school, and the day ended pretty fast.

- So, headed to Viktors? asked Marzia, and Joseph was the first to answer, as you could have noticed, they are a couple.

- Of course, I need to start my vacation at Viktors.

- What about you Vivi?

They sometimes call me Vivi, which I don't mind. It's better than calling me Ivy, like Levi, my ex-boyfriend used to call me. He said it's from poison ivy, but that I'm the opposite of poison. 

- You know I love annoying Viktor, so count me in.

We arrived at our caffe, that used to be mine and Levi's, why does everything reminde me of him? It's been three years, but I still feel pain everytime he crosses my mind, and I can't help it.

- IVORY! Hello? Do you hear us?

- Uh, yeah, sorry. I zoned out. 

- You always do this when you're thinking about him. Just let him go, he was an idiot.

- It's your brother, don't talk about him like that.

- I don't care, you're my bestfriend, and he was a jerk. 

- Is.. Is he doing alright?

- Yeah, he called us this morning. He's planning Christmas with auntie.

- We used to celebrate it togheter.. I think Christmas is when I miss him the most.

- He only caused you pain Ivory..

- No.. I mean... before everything.. It was all great. I even thought he loved me.

- He did... you know.. he still asks about you. But I never wanted to tell you, cause it will only make you sad.

He is asking about me... Does he regret how it ended? Does he regret it ended? Does he have someone new? I hate this. 

- I just wish he could've ended it more... normal. Considering we were each other's first love... Well, he was mine. 

- I know. He's a douchebag. But enough about him, let's go inside. Jo already ordered our drinks. And you have someone to annoy.

- I love you Marzia.

- I love you too Vivi.

- What took you so long?

- Shut up Joseph!

- Shut up Joseph!

Me and Marzia yelled at him simultaneously. I love these two. Life without them would be so sad and grey. Hours passed, we were still here, laughing and enjoying our time. Till the door opened.

- What the fu-...

It was him. Levi. As beautiful as ever, as tall and angelic looking as always. What was he doing here? I was speechless. I couldn't react. Not even when he came to our table.

- Uhm... Hello guys... Hello Ivy.

I couldn't say anything. Good think Marzia spoke.

- What are you doing here? I thought you were spending Christmas with auntie.

- I wanted to surprise you all, I went home and they told me you were here. You 3 still come here every night?

- Yes, we do. I'm so glad you are home brother.

Then she hugged him. I... I wanted to hug him too, but the way things ended just came bursting in my mind, every sad and great moment we had mixed. I just wanted to go home. I thought seeing him again would help me get closure, but no. It made things worse.

- Welcome back.

- Thanks Joseph, you two still are dating, huh?

- Yes, we're a forever thing.

- I'm glad for you two. My sister deserves a boy like you. Uhm... how are you Ivy?

- It's Ivory. I'm good, I was just going home.

- I can drive you all, I'm taking Marzia anyway so..

- I'm good, thank you anyway. Enjoy your reunion guys.

- Ivy.. Ivory wait, can we talk for a minute?

- No, we can't. We aren't friends, Levi. You made sure of that. So I don't know what in the world would you have to talk to me about.

- About that night.

- Yeah, well, you're 3 years late. Goodbye. Marzia I'll text you, love you.

- Love you too my dear.

I left, after I went outside I started running till I arrived home. I just wanted to cry.

- Hi sweetie.

- Mom, dad. Hi, sorry, I was with Marzia and Jo and lost track of time.

- It always happens dear, we got used to it. Is anything wrong? You look upset.

- Uhm... Levi came back.

My parents knew about me and him, he spent lots of his time at my house, and so did I at his. I still do, considering his sister is my best friend. They adored him, and were really sad when he left me like that. It never was about that fact that he left me, I know sometimes you can fall out of love. But everything was great, and then one day Marzia told me he left and that he broke up with me.

- Such a shame that boy turned into a jerk, we really liked him.

- Well, I don't care about him.

- You do honey, and it's alright. We are here for you. So are Marzia and Joseph. Just make sure to not fall again.

- I won't even see him, and then he will leave again. Don't worry.

But I wanted to see him, and I didn't want him to leave. I was lying to myself, but I was still in love with this boy. And seeing him again just opened my eyes... and my broken heart.