CSI: KITSUNE CASE

"I'll be assigning you to a new case

Mark, great work on your previous case." Mr. Suh said as he organized the files on his desk. "I'll be assigning three members to assist you: they'll be meeting you in meeting room U." Mark nodded along. "Here's the case file." Mr. Suh said as he gave Mark the file over the desk. "Thank you." Mark responded as he bowed and exited the office. On the way over to meeting room .

Opening the door, the three other members were seated chatting among each other. " oh Mark, im presuming you're going to be the leader this time?" Doyoung said sipping his coffee. "Mark? Being leader? Stop joking around. We'd never finish this assignment, hes just going to mess up the report like last time." Haechan said laughing hysterically crossing his arms against his abdomen. "It was only onetime! And it was my first case being leader." Mark said defending himself." Haechan leave him alone, don't you remember what happened when you were leader?" Taeyong said smirking at the other. "Alright enough, we have to get started on the case. And Haechan calm down, focus." 

Opening the file Doyoung began presenting the case to the team. After discussing the case the members noted things down, " there isn't a similarity among the victims, the murderer has no preferences. All the death sites seem to be located in Osaka, Japan." " is there any eyewitnesses or surviving victims?" asked Taeyong as he flipped through the files once more. "we're not sure even if there is, they wouldn't come out and testify out of fear." Doyoung responded. They all sighed in union, "well let's head over to Osaka, we should arrive in a few hours." Haechan said as he held the door waiting for the members to exit the meeting room. The members split up due to the multiple crime scenes that scattered the beautiful city. "why did I have to pick the darkest scene?" even though Mark was in the CSI, he wasn't the bravest out of the bunch. "all I have to do is search for evidence and head out." .

The scene was a home in a high poverty area, the scene was already closed off with yellow tape. There weren't any on lookers due to it being late, so Mark was all alone. Looking around inside Mark noticed how bloody the rooms were, "what on earth happened here?" the ceilings and walls didn't look any better than the floors did. As he continued walking around, he felt as if he was being watched. Thinking it was a fellow member checking up on him, he called out "Haechan? Doyoung? Is that you? D-did you finish your investigation?" ignoring the sensation he felt he moved upstairs and entered a bedroom. Noticing a table in the middle of the room he walked towards it. 

There was no blood on it everything on it looked as though it was recently placed on it. Being weirded out, Mark decided it would be best to leave the home and call for the others. As Mark was making his way out the bedroom an arm reached out and dragged Mark back in, pushing him against the wall, caging him as he did so. "who are you?" Mark asked as he began losing his calmness. The fox masked figure said nothing only further pushing his weapon into Marks's neck. Being close to the masked man Mark took in as much details as he can to later report, well that's if he ever makes it out. "release me, my m-members will be here any minute." Mark said threating the other hoping he'd take the bait. 

Deep chuckling can be heard coming from the man, "you think im going to buy that Mark?" the masked figure said. "how do you know my name?" more fear crept into mark. "If this man knows my name, he knows about my family and he might target them." Was all that ran through Mark's mind. "it's quite simple, but I can't have you reporting me just yet." In a quick motion the fox masked figure knocked Mark out. As darkness consumed Mark the last thing, he saw was the man removing the mask, realization hitting him at the last second. It was Mr. Nakamoto

...Yuta.... 

His old partner

word count: 725