𝟐𝟎: 𝐑𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

Jang Hanseo,

I'm sure you're dismayed by my sudden resignation.

However, i never thought you, out of all people would scheme a murder of 4 innocent people.

They had been through hell and they had just risen up. and you killed them ? All that for what ? To please Hanseok ? To make him proud ?

There is a difference between giving up and knowing when you had enough. i had enough of it. Working at Babel sickens me, witnessing murder of innocent people, trampling on people's dignity, I can't.

Whether it was intentional or not, I didn't expect you would be like this.

I don't hate you, but I'm disappointed because you turn out to be everything you said you would never be.

Though i saw it coming, It still hurts.

It might sound cheesy but deep down, I care for you, i really do.

Hanseo, I believed you. There's something about you that told me the truth. I saw you for who you really are but was i wrong all this time ?

What do you feel now after everything ? Satisfactory ? Happiness ? Fury or perhaps Rage ?

I'm writing this letter to tell you that We're not done with Babel. We're not going to stop either.

My resignation is just the beginning.

Hanseo....

Don't live your life just on the seesaw anymore. You'll go up, but seesaws will always come back down. It doesn't mean you can't go back up again, but if you feel you can't, don't get angry, instead explore the rest of the playground, because there is so much more than just a seesaw.

What I'm saying is, I have chosen my side.

You should too...

'Un Diavolo Scaccia L'altro'

i wish you all the best
-Yoon Yeri

Hanseo held the letter on his hand. There were two letters. and the second one was personally written to Hanseo.

He was still startled by Yeri's sudden burst.He didn't know what to react but regret his actions deeply. Had he not sent those people and told his brother about the 4 people burning down their warehouse, none of this would've happened.

If he hadn't treat her so harshly on her few last days, he would be eating lunch with her now, talking about random things like If the Universe was born at the Big Bang, what existed before then?

or when did time begin or when and where would they go if they could travel back in time.

His heart clenched, beating faster every second. Hiding the letter she gave to him so that Hanseok would never find it.

She was definitely enraged but her letter says otherwise. Yeri was more heartbroken than she was angry. She felt like she was played, blindly trusting a person too easily.

She wants him to jump ships before it's too late.

Hanseok obviously won't be happy with the news that Babel's assistant has resigned.

-----

"This will be the last time I cry" Chayoung stood in front of the morgue with Yeri and Vincenzo