81

Ok, so heads up! There is an explicit scene towards the very end of the chapter. 

Just a fair warning. <3

Happy readings! 

I didn't expect to tell them that, but I felt so confident about my decision at the time, I just had to say it out loud. Of course, Claudia nor Chase didn't expect it. By the looks of it neither did Ellie.

When we got to the apartment that night, Chase couldn't stay, and Ellie went straight to sleep. Claudia and I had a little chat about me moving in with a guy. She tried her best to talk me out of it, and I don't know why.

I had the advantage to bring up the moment she mentioned to me that she was dumb enough to move out of her house at the age of sixteen and live with her eighteen-year-old boyfriend. I had the chance to, but I didn't use that against her.

She was sixteen. At least I'm older than that.

At this point, I'm trying to find all the right reasons I should get married.

I told her about the engagement party and how I would love her to meet his mom and everyone else. I know she will like her. If there's anyone she will get along with, it's Mary. It took a lot to convince her, but somehow, I did.

"There's one more thing." I hold my hands to my chest. "I spoke to Dr. Gonzales. A while ago she recommends that I try to find my father. She said it may close an open chapter in my life and help me with some issues. Would you have any idea where he is?"

Claudia shakes her head. She grabs hold of my hair and pulls it to the front. "If I did, I would beat him senselessly for not being man enough to stay."

"Do you know why he left?" I ask.

I know I probably asked her this a million times, but the idea of him leaving for another woman is insane. Claudia shakes her head. "Whatever your mom told me, is all I know. She was a secretive one. Didn't even like telling me things about their relationship." She sighs. "If you really want to find him, he may just be in Utah still, or maybe he's here in New York. I remember your mother forcing me to drive her up here. It wasn't until I saw them arguing that I knew she only wanted to see him."

New York?

If there's a chance that my father is here in the city, I most definitely want to meet him.

"Maybe one day we can do some searching." She stands from the couch and kisses my head. "I have to go. I love you, Milly. If that boy gives you trouble, I bought a gun. Just call me." She grins. She had to go out of state to check on one of her opening stores. She mentioned she'll be back on time for the engagement party next week.

The weekend was a drag of talking to the landlord about my short stay here and the possible removal of my lease. But then I had forgotten about Ellie and where she's going to stay, plus breaking the lease is too expensive right now. So I told him to forget it and played it off as if it was a rash decision. If he finds out Ellie is the only one living in it, I dont know what he'll do.

"Hey, where did you go this morning? I was going to ask if you want breakfast." Ellie says while cooking in the kitchen.

"Sure." I sigh.

"Everything ok?" She looks at me consciously.

"You don't ever plan on moving back with those girls, right?" I ask her.

She shakes her head and laughs. "I don't think I'm allowed back."

"How would you feel if I left you this Apartment?"