The-Girl-Who-Waited

WHO'S THAT GIRL (revised version)
A sequel to Who's That Boy.

Neither of us tried to contact each other—and I didn't check any of his social media accounts—in the last five years, but for me, nothing changed. I'm still holding on to his promise that he will come back, and tonight he will. I am still feeling the same old feeling that that letter has given me. Five years felt like a decade but I've survived because like what he told me, I read it everyday.

We're both professionals already. Both accomplished in our crafts. I own a Coffee Shop downtown, that I have named "Potions and Perks". And the planning for Drew and I's business is already done, I just need his approval, and he doesn't know even a tiny bit about it yet, it will be my welcome-back-to-my-arms gift to him.

I sound sad, don't I? Well that's because I feel like a part of me had been ripped apart when Drew left for Paris. That's maybe my funny side. When I was with him, that's the only time I find real reason to act like a jerk and be happy.

And since he's coming back tonight, I feel like I'm gonna be complete again.

*phone rings*

Andrea calling...

*answers phone call*

"Hello Andrea. I'm already done. What time do we have to be there ba?"

"I can imagine how excited you are Ate Chian. Anyway, we have to be there at 8 o'clock pm."

"And I insist that I will be bringing my own car, okay? I don't wanna ruin family moments later." I said with some worried chuckles. Oh yeah, I'm suuuuper nervous.

"Okay. Okay. Well I think I should be telling myself that. I don't wanna ruin lovers' moments later. Hahaha."

"See you there na lang. I'll call you when I'm on my way and when I'm already there."

"Okay ate. Take care. Bye"

*call ended*

It's just 5pm, and don't judge me. I'm not going to be late again! I've learned my lessons five years ago. Won't let that happen again.

And I forgot to mention: I am still watching the Harry Potter series. Hehe.

It's already 7:36pm, and I am still stuck in traffic! Bakit naman? Love life ko na to oh! Babalik na oh! Limang taon yun oh! Tapos babalik na siya ngayon late pa rin ako? I won't miss his return for the same reason that I missed him when he left! So please lang, magsitabi kayong lahat!

I arrived at the airport at 7:59pm. Gosh! At least I was not late! May kulang isang oras ko rin pinaghintay si Andrea dun, nahiya tuloy ako. She even handed me a cup of coffee! She shouldn't have! Mas lalo akong ninenerbyos! Jusmiyo, sana malagpasan ko 'to. Ngayon na lang ulit kami magkikita! Ngayon na lang ulit kami magkakausap!

"Will you please calm down, Ate Chian? What are you worrying about?" Andrea jokingly asked me.

"I don't know. Maybe I'm worrying that he wouldn't recognize me. 'Di ko talaga alam eh. There's something...something's bothering me, I don't know what."

"Any time now... Ah! Sabi nga pala ni kuya may kasama siya pauwi." My heart stopped for like five seconds when I heard this.

Is it possible that she already found another woman in Paris and forgot about what he promised to me? Then she's bringing her home so they could marry? Ugh. My imagination is killing me, but...

What if?

Ah hindi, Chian! Baka naman relative lang nila! Stop worrying. Stop worrying. Oh fudge, I am still worrying.