Late as always

"Rodney!" My mother calls. "You're going to be late for school again!"

I roll lazily out of bed groaning. " Two more years to go " I tell myself. " Just two more agonizing years. "

I quickly throw together one of my many insane clown posse shirts, some torn jeans, Converses and my favorite hatchet man hat. I put on white eyeshadow and a thick layer of black eyeliner.

Since my school isn't far from where I live and I enjoy the extra 20 minutes to listen to my music, I walk to school. I slide my noise canceling headphones over my ears and some rest myself in the song " In My Room" by ICP singing along to the lyrics as I go. Four songs later I can see the front of the school. It's deserted as I am already 10 minutes late.

I preferred it this way. Although I am perfectly comfortable with who I am it's nice to not have to deal with the stairs people give me or The whispers they think I can't hear. Once in awhile someone will even get ballsy, calling me names like clown girl or asking me stupid questions like if I wear big shoes can I be part of the gang too? These things normally lead to a fight and my regular 1 week suspension.

"Rodney" the lady at the desk acknowledges me and I nod silently "Here's your late slip." She sighs. I take the slip and head to my first class which for me happens to be Gym.