Chapter 9

I wake up with my head pounding realizing that i'm late for work I stand up and run to get ready. While I'm changing I hear a knock at the door which is strange.

I open the door to see my stalker there in blue scrubs he's probably headed to work. But if he is why is he here?

"Uh do you need something."

He smiles and hands me a cup of coffee. "Here it works great with hangovers."

"I'm not hungover but thanks Mark."

"You were at a bar yesterday?" His eyebrows furrow.

"Yea i didn't drink anything." I go to shut the door when his hand stops it.

"Do you need a ride to work?" He asks.

"I was going to drive. but if you want to save me some gas money, dropping me off at work I'll be down in 5." I head into the bathroom leaving the door open so he can walk in.

"So what are you doing in Seattle?" Trying to make conversation.

"Well my original plan was to just come and get the girl, but that didn't work out so well and I already lost my best friend so, might as well enjoy moving out here." He says like it's normal.

"I take it your the best friend Addison slept with?"

"Yea I was. It's not going anywhere right now and Addison wants nothing to do with me and Derek will never forgive me so i'm kinda just alone right now."

The two of us head downstairs in comfortable silence while in the car it continues. I can't help but feel bad for Mark even though he still sucks for sleeping with his best friends wife.

As we exit the car I decide to break the silence.

"One day he will." I give a hopeful smile.

"What?" He asks confused.

"One day Derek will forgive you." I say and walk away. "Years on end of friendship don't disappear that easy start with apologizing first if you haven't already."

I'm busy doing my charts as someone in front of me clears their throat.  I look up and see Christina one of Merediths friends.

"Yea?" I say waiting for her to answer.

"I'm on your service today." She says politely.

"That's unfortunate." I say as I get up.

She looks confused.

"I have a surgery in about an hour so you can come if you want I guess. Or you can do my charts and check on patients and go to breakfast but I don't really need you bye now." I smile lightly leaving.

Leaving a very shocked Christina in the Hallway.

As I'm walking off someone clears their throat behind me I turn around to see a short lady with straight but curly hair.

She clears her throat and I can tell she's about to speak.

But I interrupt her.

"Yes?" I ask.

"Where's Yang?"

"I don't know." I answer her.

"What do you mean you don't know?" She asks.

"I mean I don't know."

"She's on your service."  She says.

"Oh she said something like that I told her she could go to my surgery in about 30 minutes if she wanted to or she could do my charts and eat ." I tell her.

"You do know that this is a teaching hospital right?"

"Yea but-" I start.

"But nothing you have interns you take to surgery's and check on patients with, so they learn. That's how this works." She says with her arms crossed.

"Not to be rude but who are you?" I ask.

"Bailey" another voice calls out behind the woman in front of me.

"Chief." She says.

"Hey Webster." I wave.

"I see you've met anther one of my favorite students. Melody this Is Miranda."

"Well if she was one of your students then why isn't she teaching hers?" She says.

I don't think she likes me.

"I actually have an answer to that you see I usually work alone, but I guess I could teach since you asked so nicely." I say sarcastically turning back around to see Christina's curly black hair and call out to her only for her to be talking with my sister.

"Christina! Come on." I decide to completely ignore my sister.

I head to my surgery while she follows.

As I'm scrubbing in I hear the door open I'm expecting it to be Christina when it's Meredith. This is why I work alone I hate meddlers and now I hate interns.

"Are you just going to ignore me forever?" She crosses her arms.

"I was planning on it." I mumble. You don't bother me when I don't speak to you.

"Mel i'm sorry." She says sincerely.

"You have nothing to say sorry for, you just said what everyone's thinking. Even mom." I walk out and start to prep for my surgery.

"Nobody's thinking that." Meredith says following me into the OR.

"Scalpel." I say trying to focus still ignoring her.

"Mel we're just worried."

I let out a breathy laugh before I continue.

"Well you don't need to worry I'm fine. Suction Please."

"Is that why you were exiting Mark Sloans car this morning?" She asks.

Now that she knows this she won't let it go.

I continue to ignore her question and my sister for the rest of the surgery.

As I'm scrubbing out Meredith pulls me into an on call room.

"Truth Now please." She says sitting me down.

"Meredith." I pause. "I don't have time for this."

"Melody please, you just got back and we're already fighting." She sighs.

"I wonder why." I mumble.

"Melody I didn't mean what I said I was mad and it was uncalled for." She try's to reason with me.

"Your right it was uncalled for but I'm sorry I told you to break up with Derek. It was also uncalled for. But your an idiot Meredith he is your boss."

"I know that and I should have told you that I was dating him, it hasn't been going well between us and I thought it was because of Addison but it's just because of him." She looks down sadly frowning.

"The reason I was getting out of Mark Sloans car this morning was because we stayed at the same hotel coincidentally and this morning he got me a coffee and offered me a ride."

"Did you two?" She asks curiously.

"No we didn't do anything." 

I didn't want anything to happen right? It didn't matter workplace relationships never work.

"Good because on his first night here he flirted with me. Derek punched him in the face and then he called me Dereks lusty intern. It's all ok because we made up a nickname for him."

"What's the nickname?" I ask.

"McSteamy."

More like McStalker.

"Oh nice, cool well I'm gonna go and if you see me hanging with Addison just know we're kinda friends." I take a pause seeing the confused expression on her face an ignore it she has friends. "

"Also I'll need a room at the house I'm tired of sleeping in hotel rooms." I quickly leave the room not bothering with the confused look on her face.