The encounter

It was a nice afternoon, or at least felt like it by the gentle wind and the warmth upon my face, seeing as I can't.. well see. But the smell of suckle flowers and the feeling of grass made it more than enough. People seems to forget to use their other senses and perceive with their eyes, unable to understand the true concept of just laying in the grass. Ah yes, falling into the grass might not have been the intentions I was going for about using our senses but alas, it must have been decided by the gods and I shall memories this (embarrassing) feeling. I took the liberty to think of life as I always did, straying further away thinking of the stories I heard. Of Jason the great, of Odysseus and the fearful yet tantalising thought of Medusa. She must be lonely, unable to seek eye contact like me. 

The story tells of a young maiden, "making love" as the gods like to describe it (I call it nonconsensual) with Poseidon in Athena's temple. I know the gods are higher beings so communicating and taking things up opon themself is out of the question, thus resulting in Athene passive-aggressively (take away the "passive") cursing Medusa with snake hair and magic capable of turning men to stone. Men feared many things, especially Medusa but maybe it was the blinded curse I had myself that made me, dare I say curious of the story? 

My thought were rather rudely interrupted by the footstep of a person, quite literally stepping on me and tripping. I was just about to tell the lovely person my thought when I felt a large hand covering my mouth. "Quiet." A raspy voice said and I did as told, as we could be in danger. "Who-" I whispered, turning to the voice only to feel the hand grab my chin and turning my head away from him. "Don't look at me." He hissed out and I felt his breath against my skin, possibly his knee gracing my thigh as he definitely hovered above me. I held in my breath as I heard a twig break just above us but I knew we were hidden by a bush I might have fallen through when I laid down on the grass. "Apple stealing beast." A gnarly man's voice said, rustling through a nearby bush. I felt sweat forming on my forehead, afraid to get caught associated with this thief obviously holding me. 

But soon enough the angry man walked far enough for me to be unable to hear him and the hand against my hand loosened, his hand still pushing me away from the person firmly. "If you're holding my face to hide your identity, thief, don't bother. I'm blind." I explained, spitting out his occupation. "What? wait no. Let me explain." The man said, fumbling with his voice and moving around, rustling in the grass next to me. At least he let go. I looked at him still unable to see and he gasped. "You're really blind." The man said sounding rather surprised even though I explained it. I flinched and slapted away his hand as he graced my cheek. "Don't just touch people you just meet. What is wrong with you." I shouted harshly, backing away. "Sorry- Sorry. It's just.. I've never touch someone so warm before." Warm? I touched myself on my forearm. I never felt any special difference between me and my mom, or sisters and brothers. "Right so... Thief?" I asked. Even though he were a thief there seemed to be something off about him. Something unordinary, maybe I was just so bored that I was crazy enough to listen to a thief. Was I?

He coughed. "Yes, I mean no. Let me explain. I'm Dream." The man introduced and stayed quiet for a while until he gasped. "Right. Blind." He said and reached for my hand to shake it. I sneered. "Did you seriously hold out your hand?" I asked. "No." The man said, clearly lying. "I wouldn't steal this apples if there was any left in the forest, but you human's has exploited them all and I don't go around with what, money?" The man explained, and took a huge chunk out of an apple. Or at least I guessed so, but there was something off with the way he phrased 'humans', like he wasn't mortal. He offered me an apple. "What are you?" I asked, hoping I was facing him. He was awfully quiet, I started to think he thought he could fool me until he spoke. "I'm an experience you could say." He said, chuckling a bit and hitting me on my shoulder blade like he didn't just come up with that. I sneered at him, "What kind of answer is that?" the man exclaiming himself as Dream laughed as an answer. 

"Would it be possible to meet you again? Like tomorrow?" Dream finally spoke.  I must have been out in the sun too long because I immediately replied yes. I hoped he smiled or it would be weird if I was the only one. I ran my fingers through my hair and I laughed, I've gone crazy. "I'll probably never find back anyways." I said sarcasticly even though I known this woods for years (Let's ignore the fact that I just fell. Someone must have put the bush there I swear.) "You better be off, the sun is settling." He explained. I didn't feel like explaining that I could still figure that out so I just nodded. "Yeah." I said and suddenly felt alone again. Feeling further away from here than I ever felt, wondering what tomorrow might bring.