One

Saddie
-
You may be wondering why I'm so against the tale of Peter Pan. The reason is that he came for me a long time ago. He showed up at my window and told me to come with him and I would never grow old. Of course then I didn't know that I wouldn't be growing old anyway. This was because I was dead. The reason I learned for this later was that there had been some house fire and I was in the middle of it.

Now that I think of it Peter had a strange way of never letting me know that I was dead. Whenever I asked why I was there he would take me off on an adventure therefore avoiding the question. I just accepted this because I never really wanted to go home. I assumed that if I changed my mind about that Peter would just fly me home just like he had flown me there.

Once I thought to pretend that I wanted to go home, that time Peter got creative. He told me that my parents didn't love me, that they didn't want me and that's why he took me here. I knew for a fact that my parents loved me because, they had told me that they loved me the night before my death. I screamed that they did love me, and that he took me away from them. He banished me from the underground house for a night. I stayed up all night huddled up in the branches in fear of wolves.

The thing about Neverland is that time worked differently. It wasn't like you were alive for a year you started looking a year older. It was more like every three years. I came there when I was around seven, now I look like I'm nineteen. It's so strange how all of the children he brought here grew up but not him. I think I stayed the longest, he would kick the others out. The boys becoming pirates and the girls joining the mermaids. I always wondered where they went but never found out. They only stayed until they looked around 13. I always wondered why the children that were there before and during the time I was there had never seen Peter grow up. They said he just stayed the same age forever.

Finding out that peter was in love with me was weird. All I saw him as was one of my best friends. My best friend on the island other than Peter told me. One day she just came up to me and said you know peter likes you right. Of course I said no but she persisted and it's been awkward ever since.