Betting Tree

Senior year was rapidly coming to an end for Caitlyn, Allie, Brittany, and Jared. Their last year together has been great. They shared a couple classes but also found themselves sharing a free period too.

"It's so nice out today!" Allie exclaimed looking up at the sky. A few clouds drifted lazily above them.

"It really is," Jared agreed, leaning against a tree. Caitlyn was leaning into him as well, gently rubbing his inner thigh.

"Hard to imagine it was snowing last week," Brittany added. She was busy reading a textbook to make sure she knew everything she needed for their exams coming up.

"How can you enjoy it if you're just reading a book?" Allie asked despairingly.

"It's only light reading," she admonished. "Besides, it beats looking at Prom dresses on my phone."

"My girlfriend and I are wanting to wear matching dresses! It's so hard to agree on them!" Allie complained, stretching out in the shade. "And speaking of Prom, are you two going?" She asked Jared and Caitlyn.

"Of course!" Jared said. He had not asked anyone to Junior Prom, mostly because there was only one girl he wanted to ask and she had already had a date. And he was too scared to ask at the time.

"I'm looking forward to it," Caitlyn said as she pecked Jared's cheek.

"No, no, no," Allie said exasperated. "I meant, are Taylor and I the going to be the only lesbians there?"

Jared screwed up his face. He and Caitlyn hadn't introduced his alter-ego Gwen to the other two yet. Mostly due to Jared wanting to keep it a secret, he just wasn't comfortable with people knowing that he enjoyed being a girl for his girlfriend. "Surely you know I'm not a girl by now, Allie." Jared joked.

This caused Caitlyn to laugh. A beautiful high pitched ringing.

"Ok, Miss Sassy-Pants," Allie shot back. "I was talking about Gwen!"

Jared looked taken aback. He turned to his girlfriend, "You told them!"

"Princess, they're my best friends. I couldn't keep that secret forever." Caitlyn was annoyingly calm about this turn of events.

"You said you wouldn't tell," Jared said defeated.

Caitlyn patted his hand, "No, princess, I said I wouldn't show them pictures, which I haven't done."

There was a long silence where Jared sat feeling confused and defeated.

"They just want to meet the other you," Caitlyn added placatingly.

"From what Caitlyn says, Gwen sounds like a ton of fun!" Allie shouted.

"Keep your voice down, please," Jared begged.

"Calm down, Jared," Brittany said closing her book. "Nobody else is out here and even if they were how would they know who we're talking about?"

Jared knew that was true, but couldn't stop himself from turning red.

Caitlyn wrapped him in her arms, "It's alright, princess. I'd love to go to prom with Gwen, but I'm not going to force you to go."

"I will," Allie volunteered excitedly.

Caitlyn shot her friend a dark look.