93

I walk into the theater on a Monday after class

I walk into the theater on a Monday after class. It was empty, and there was no one there, almost like last time. When I walked in, I got an image of the night I had my play premiere all over again. That was merely a month ago. The crowd cheering on for my work certainly brought up my confidence. It made me realize I could do so much more with what I have.

It was truly an experience, and I have Archer to thank for that. It's fair enough to say that he has been acting very professionally around me. Without me having to ask. There was no late for my manuscript and no witty comments were made. 

The theatre was like cricket which is strange on a day like this. I walk up the stairs, and the lights from Archer's office peeks through the crack.

"Where is everyone?" I ask while walking in.

He takes his legs off his desk as he reads my manuscript over again. "I had to let them go." He closed it and sat up. "Did I tell you I'm selling the theater?"

"You told me, but I didn't think you were going to do it so soon. It's so weird and empty here."

"It had to be done, or I wouldn't have done it. I already have ten buyers on the line. Your show was the last gig for some of these people. They depended on you to make something big out of this." He stood up to walk in front of his desk and lean on it.

"What does that mean for us? I mean the novel." I corrected myself.

"We can now focus on making this the next top-notch bestseller." He smirks. "The world is in your hands now, Amelia, and I'm just here to witness and help through it all."

I blush instantly, only because he said, The world is in my hands. And when I think about it, I have a feeling he's right. All that I have dreamed of is starting to come into play. And there's still so much to achieve. 

When I first started, I promised myself I wouldn't let anyone take my dreams away from me. Even though I never expected any of this, it is truly magic. I at least have to own up to it.

"Have you heard from Thomas yet?" I asked.

His eyes pop open, and he rushes to his laptop. "That reminds me."

He prints out this paper and hands it to me. It's plane tickets for May 30th, which is almost two months away.

"This is for L.A.?"

His head nods. "He sent me the tickets and the hotel information. I'll be coming with you as well since you don't really know the city like that. I'll be your guide."

"And then you said you're staying there, right?"

If he ends up staying there then that can be another chapter that closes in my life. I don't need the constant reminder that he and I were a thing at a point in time. 

 "It's best if I just go back home. My family is there and my life. Helping out with the theater was a dream, but it's no longer my dream." He grins hard and gestures towards the paper. "May 30th, be ready." He tells me.