Insanity

In the past, my sister would tell me that other people could never understand us. They were all little toadies, and none of them could understand my wonderland. My father, one of the deans at Oxford, was a quiet and caring man. he enjoyed company, and he enjoyed his work. My mother, however, was different. After that witch of a nanny told her of my "delusions", mother thought of me as a different child. Unlike Lizzie, who she deemed normal, I was to be treated like an insane old bat. I never liked that.

After the fire, nothing changed for me. I was admitted into Rutledge at the age of seven, and withing the first few months, they had tried various treatments on me. Once, they even tried to take my poor stuffed rabbit from me. How dare they! After feeding him too much porridge, his face was very burnt and sticky. They hurt my friend! I would not allow this. Using my eating spoon, I made various cuts on their filthy faces and arms. Blood dripped from their new incisions onto my hands until I blacked out, and awoke with a sharp pain in my wrists. They must have done more tests, for I awoke with various slices on my arms. After solitary confinement and loss o tea privileges, I was left alone to rot. Just because they didn't understand is no reason to cage me like an animal! I didn't deserve that. Why, all I was doing was showing them my wonderland, and all of its colorful and gracious people! To this day, I will never understand the methods used in such horrid places.

Today, I rest in the care of Dr.Angus Bumby. He seems to know a lot about dreams and memories. He tends to tell the other children and I to "forget the past" and go to a happy place. How can I forget the past when it was my fault! I left the lamp in the den on, and the house was burnt to ashes because of my silly mistake! My family was burned before my eyes, their screams resting harshly in my ears. The burns on my body gave me constant memory for two years of my past. Now, even with the burns gone, the scars and shattered memories of my family are still there.