Chapter 1 - I'm not the same as everyone else

Hello, my name is Serena. I'm 13 and love to read. People think I'm weird because I have braces, wear glasses, have braids, love science, and ext. Well I'm not as weird as they think, I'm the same as everyone else even though I look different. There is not a big difference.......right. Today was the first day of school, yay! I saw some of my friends and a lot of the " cool kids " like you guys say. I saw Kimberly, Veronica, Zack, Austin, Ashley, Josh, and....a new kid. She had long blond hair, a skirt, designer shirt, converse, and makeup. I went over and asked Athena,"You know the new kid that's hanging out with Kimberly and her group of wild monkeys?" She looked at me as if I were dumb.

"That's Penny the new popular kid she came from New York, she thinks she is all that." Athena said. I just ignored it until lunch when the disaster happened. We got out of 4th period. I got my tray and lunch and headed to a table, when. I bumped into Penny splashing sloppy joe all over her " I rock shirt " she looked at me with devilish eyes. Quickly I said, " I'm so sorry I didn't see you." Alicia came in. She is the principal.

When Penny saw her she screamed making her look at Penny covered in sloppy joe. She came over and said, " what happened here ladies." What do you think happen. I got Monday detention because of that she devil. Before I left she told me, "You're just as weird as I thought. You don't deserve to be here your not the same as everyone else, your just a nerd." I wanted to scream and slap her until she'd cry. But I couldn't, because if I did I would have to call my parents and probably be sued by Penny. I couldn't wait to just lie on my bed, sleep, and dream about slapping her. But I could never forget those words that ran through my mind. "You're not the same as everyone else."

--

Athena and I were walking to the school's field when Kimberly bumped into us.

"Ugh, get out of my face."

"Don't worry she's very clumsy." Athena responded quickly.

"Then get out of my face!"

We quickly walked forward and started talking about Shawn Mendes. Oh my gosh he is amazing! Once we were done talking we headed to the parking lot waiting for our mom's. That's when we saw Penny arguing with her mom...I think.

After a while everyone started staring at them. Once it was over Penny went inside the car and they sped off. Everyone just shrugged and went on to their talking. I looked at Athena.

"What was that all about."

"None of your business!"

"What."

"Never mind."

That's when my mom came. I went inside and waved Athena goodbye. I looked at my mom and then through the window. I wonder why Athen was yelling at me? Did I do something wrong?!