Moonlight Picnics at the Beach

The cool breeze was nipping at our skin as the moon shone down brightly on us. 

We were just sitting there on the sand of the beach, I was listening to the melody of his voice and the waves crashing which was one of the most refreshing things I could've ever imagined. I couldn't take my eyes off of him as I watched him confess about everything that was on his mind, I would nod and reply to him to let him know that I was listening and following what he was saying. 

He would glance at me in small doses every once in a while and I would give him a reassuring smile as to tell him it was okay and that I was here and supported him. The moonlight reflected off of his face in such a lovely way that I found myself feeling light-headed and giddy just by the way he smiled. I took his hand once he had finished and look into his eyes.

"I want to promise you something.." I announced softly, he looked me right in the eye as if to tell me to continue and didn't look away, not even when I was finished.
"I want to promise you that I will always be here. You have my loyalty and you have my irreplaceable friendship." I knew it sounded cocky but I knew I was a good friend and I knew what I was worth.

"I want to promise you that no matter how rocky we become or how easy we get along, or even if we go back to hating each other. I will always...be right here...next to you, holding your hand and telling you to go with your heart and to do what makes you feel happy and like you're doing the right thing. Because, at the end of the day, that's what counts. You're doing what you believe, so strongly, is right and that's all anyone can ever ask of you" I told him slowly so he could soak in everything I was saying and understand that I meant every word of it, he squeezed my hand and pulled me closer into him so we could give each other a loving and meaningful hug"

 "And I promise you, that you will always be the first person I talk to and that I will be all of that to you in return of being one of the most amazing people in my life and I love you so much for doing everything you possibly could to make me happy" he whispered in my ear then pulled away so he could lean his nose against mine. 

He pushed a lock of hair behind my ear and smiled down at me then kissed my forehead and hugged me tight as if to prove his thanks and appreciation. I hugged him back with just as much emotion. 

The great thing about this? It's romantic, but it doesn't have to be a bad thing that I'm waiting until this all works itself out. 

Because, at the end of the day people....the best things take the longest to not only come about, but to really perfect itself and the best thing is the feeling you get afterwards. 

Knowing that you've waited for so long for what you deserve; happiness and love and appreciation.